swiss man murdered in SD in front of his family

Status
Not open for further replies.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
various newspapers reported the swiss citizen was shot in piantini:
Atracadores matan un ciudadano suizo en el exclusivo sector Piantini - DiarioLibre.com

his name was Peter Walter Muller according to la zeta (diario libre misspells the name), 66 years old. his wife and child are dominican. no word on the motives of the murder but all 3 assailants were arrested already.

any idea how old are his wife and kid?

did he own property in Piantini?

sounds like this one could have legs...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is very recent, only happened about 2 hours ago. newspapers are not saying anything more. he was shot in a parking lot of a restaurant he apparently frequented. since the killers were arrested there may be more info coming soon. i post about events like this mainly for informative purposes. most of us know a bunch of other gringos who live in the same area or visit the same places. someone on dr1 could have known him.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i think so too. but i also see the people have gotten really impatient, listin writes about a man who stabbed his ex in front a a colmado and when the police showed up he was already cut and beaten by the crowd who wanted to lynch him.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I'm not anywhere near 66 years old, but if this was a killing durin a robbery it's getting awefully near. Can't help wondering: "when is it my turn when leaving a restaurant or any other place. Until now most foreigners are killed in a relationship related problem or they are involved in some criminal activity. This sounds like just a regular guy, married to a Dominican. Just like me.

Sep 4, 2012
Savages as these guys are the very own reason the DR won't prospere as it should. What a terrible experience for the family, sad indeed.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Savages as these guys are the very own reason the DR won't prospere as it should. What a terrible experience for the family, sad indeed.

there are savages like these guys in most countries on earth. do guys who walk into post offices with machine guns retard the prosperity of the USA?

Sep 4, 2012
there are savages like these guys in most countries on earth. do guys who walk into post offices with machine guns retard the prosperity of the USA?

Carrying a gun as long as there is a permit to abide by and the place allow it is legally permited (don't believe they are permited in any federal installation though), anyways, why the analogy?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Carrying a gun as long as there is a permit to abide by and the place allow it is legally permited (don't believe they are permited in any federal installation though), anyways, why the analogy?

there are bad seeds in every society. trust me on this one..it is not these guys who retard the progress of this country. it is the savages in government. it is alarming that violence is on a very fast upward trajectory, and tourists are going to start thinking twice about coming here. however, when you preside over one of the fastest growing economies in LA, yet 42% of the people live below the poverty line, you are going to breed these miscreants.

Sep 4, 2012
Agree, missery enjoys company is an old saying, but that does not gives anyone the right to chose wrongdoing just because the government is corrupt. They acted as what they are, savages and criminals.

I used the terms because it fits them perfectly on this instance. A family man was brutally murdered in front of his famili because these low lifes wanted to make a pass to him to rob what wasn't theirs.

Hope the get people justice!

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Agree, missery enjoys company is an old saying, but that does not gives anyone the right to chose wrongdoing just because the government is corrupt. They acted as what they are, savages and criminals.

I used the terms because it fits them perfectly on this instance. A family man was brutally murdered in front of his famili because these low lifes wanted to make a pass to him to rob what wasn't theirs.

Hope the get people justice!

i agree with everything you say. poverty is no excuse for criminality. however, we cannot expect everyone to think like us, and some of these types are pathological degenerates. the most frightening aspect is this; most robbers use guns for persuasive purposes. nowadays, guys are turning over the loot, and the robbers are thrill-killing the victims. that does not bode well for the future, because it is a new phenomenon here.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
what worries me is that those killers are so young. the two arrested are 21 and 26. last week the police arrested responsible for deaths of three men in altamira over supposed debt of 4,000. he is 18 years old. those killers will likely get maximum sentence, 30 years and spend practically all life behind bars. by taking someone else's life they throw own lives away.

Sep 4, 2012
Hence my post addressing prosperity. How could any country move forward when 15, 18 years old kid force themselves into this?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hence my post addressing prosperity. How could any country move forward when 15, 18 years old kid force themselves into this?

i do not know that 15 year old kids force themselves into this. 15 is not exactly the age at which one makes well measured decisions. if 50 year old guys were doing this, well...

Status
Not open for further replies.