I need a lift from Bavaro to Las Galeras

Jan 3, 2014
We are a Spanish couple , we want to travel from Bavaro to Las Galeras in Samana and stay there for 4-5 days and then back to bavaro, anyone knows of someone that could do a good offer of direct transport please??

Thanks

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Virginia,

Welcome to DR1!

It's about six hours from one place to the next, assuming you only wait about a half hour to transfer buses.

Take the Bavaro Express bus, and ask the driver to drop you off at the Samana Highway. There are buses from there. Total cost varies, but expect to spend about 800/1000 pesos one way.

Both are very nice, and very different. Hope you have a good trip.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
You could try "Dominican Shuttles", they are doing PC region to Sabena de la Mar by road then the ferry to Samana as a package deal.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Double check that, as I've heard they've discontinued the service.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Rent a small car for the week. It will probably be less than taxi service there and back. Flying into PC was not a wise choice if you wanted to send up in LG. Santo Domingo or even Santiago would have been a lot closer.

LTSteve

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
For anyone interested, a mail from Dominican Shuttles this morning;

"Si, todavia ofrecemos la combinacion en ambos direcciones: Private Shuttle de Punta
Cana / Ferry entre Sabana de la Mar y Samana / Private Shuttle para cualquier
destino en la region de Samana.
Los precios varian dependiendo del lugar en Samana que los clientes van, pero es una
forma de transporte mas economico que el traslado directo entre Samana y Punta Cana
por la carretera.
Los precios entre Punta Cana y Las Terrenas son los siguientes:
1 persona: U$ 219.00 Cada persona adicional: U$ 49.00
El Ferry sale de Samana (y de Sabana de la Mar) a las 09:00 AM, 11:00 AM y a las
03:00 PM".

Last edited:

Aquaria

Jul 20, 2013
I have some questions about the ferry.

Can I take the car on the ferry? How long is the distance between where the ferry arrives in Samana and the city centre and the whale watching boats? How much is the ferry?

I would like to go on Monday next week, together with my son that will be visiting me here, and he doesn't have much time...