Where's the best but also least expensive all-inclusive resort?

Dec 24, 2012
Maybe I'm asking for too much but these search engines and websites have become so sophisticated it's impossible to find the best deal without someone somewhere taking a big cut... prices are so exuberant it's highway robbery. Search engines and online doesn't seem to be working for me, the quotes at local agencies are ridiculous... what do you guys do to find good deals for all-inclusive resorts? Please note it's for me and two other family members who insist it must be an all-inclusive resort...

Thanks for your help in advance!

-JER

RGLRM

Jun 25, 2013
I've used Expedia and they have a decent selection of different hotels and rates. Also I've called BookVIP who advertise on this site but have yet to purchase thru them because they seem to have 4 or 5 day minimums and I've only gone for 1 or 2 night stays.

puryear270

Bronze
Aug 26, 2009
I have found that the all-inclusives in Puerto Plata are less expensive than those in Punta Cana. Juan Dolio, I'm not so sure about.

Caveat: I use expedia.com or American Airlines (to use my frequent flier points). Also, I only book for two nights, as I get bored with the all-inclusives after that. I only mention that so that, if you are going to stay longer, you might get a better deal elsewhere.

Hope you have a great vacation, and please be sure to come back and give us a report on your experience so we can advise others.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Its high season, everything is full and expensive atm. Whats your budget? Any decent 3 stars resort is around 150$/night atm. Any good resort 200$

I use Travelocity, Expedia, Redtag Vacations etc, never use a Travel Agent.
If i know when I want to go away like months in advance I will look online nonstop for the best place and watch the prices. I look at the reviews online of the most popular hotels that are on the various Travel websites. Some people complain about the stupidest stuff and really will not be happy going to a 3rd world Hotel at all so I keep in mind what people complain about.

I used to do this at work every night, I kind of get obsessed with finding the best AI for the cheapest price :)

Dec 24, 2012
Hmm, well then I'll do some more searching at expedia.com

I currently don't need the airfare packaged in, just 4-5 days/nights at the resort. I'm currently only a few minutes away from SD and my family wants to go up north to Puerto Plata. I want a good deal though... still having no luck... bah!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I second "Cheap Caribbean", got a great deal for hotel only for an AI in Puerto Plata from them

mudmommy

Oct 14, 2010
i have used "sunwing" website but check the hotel only part, same with west jet, as these companies buy a "lot" of rooms and they need to sell them, sometimes its cheaper and u can book onle 1 night or many nights,

Mudmommy

Dec 24, 2012
I used to use CheapCarribean a lot but noticed once they became popular they turned into every other site selling at high prices.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I used to use CheapCarribean a lot but noticed once they became popular they turned into every other site selling at high prices.

They're still the only ones who get the ridiculously low prices on Lifestyles in POP. However, unless you have an American, European or Canadian passport the prices don't apply. They even tried to give my husband a hard time at check-in because his US Passport says he was born in Santo Domingo. He had to show his driver's license, and they let us in after a little "meeting".

BenDe

Aug 4, 2012
Don't know if you already went on vacation and if you have specific area but, when i come down to DR, i usualy take an AI at the Casa Marina Beach/Reef in Sosua as they are pretty cheap. i booked at 300$us for a full week per person, you can leave the resort sin problema, an i guess you know the rest, cheap to/from Puerto Plata....

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
Casa Marina tends to be the cheapest, and it's not bad. But I'd rather pay a little more and stay at Viva Wyndham Tangerine in Cabarete. I check all the sites--Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, AA, Orbitz etc. Try going on bookingbuddy.com. They will have all of them on one site. It makes it easy to compare.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Casa Marina tends to be the cheapest, and it's not bad. But I'd rather pay a little more and stay at Viva Wyndham Tangerine in Cabarete. I check all the sites--Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, AA, Orbitz etc. Try going on bookingbuddy.com. They will have all of them on one site. It makes it easy to compare.

I was talking this morning with a man in the gym who said he is staying at Casa Marina. He said he is very pleased and will most certainly go back; said it was a great value.

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
I was talking this morning with a man in the gym who said he is staying at Casa Marina. He said he is very pleased and will most certainly go back; said it was a great value.

I found it to be a good value also. I stayed there for six nights for $630 including airfare from New York. (This was 4 years ago.) That's a great price. Everything was fine, but I didn't think it was great. Not the best customer service. But, for that price, I don't think you can beat them.