New to Dr1, not to DR, but need advice on children

Status
Not open for further replies.

thiawroane

Apr 11, 2013
Hello,

I have a leadership role in a multinational US corporation. I have traveled the globe (35 US States, Europe, China, Latin America and the Caribbean). I have been to DR at least twice a year over the last two years, and a few more times over the last decade. In the last two years, I have seen the same lady every time I visit. We have good chemistry, and I speak a little Spanish (from US elementary school, NY Boricuas & Dominicans, and my visits), but I would not call myself fluent. She does not want to leave the DR (this is no green card seeker). She loves her country and her people. I know she wants another baby. I am not the only man (or woman) in her life. Nevertheless, she lets me try to make a baby every time we meet. We start out with "protection", but we always wind up planting seeds. This is not about sex, but we are both skilled and the chemistry is powerful.

I have no children of my own. I find her to be a fine mother to her children, and very encouraging to other pregnant women we encounter. I believe she wants me to father a child with her as much as I want to father a child with her.

The question is: Is it possible to maintain a long distance parental relationship (I am not leaving the US, nor is she leaving the DR), to give a child the opportunity to be a bilingual dual citizen, and have all the benefits of a US father and a Domincan mother?

I'd like to propose that the child be born in the US (guaranteeing US citizenry), but return to the DR with the mother. I would provide child support (I am not wealthy but $500-$600 per month is very reasonable), and educational expenses (bi-lingual education, of course). I can visit the DR once or twice a year, as I do now, and the child can visit the US as often as desired. When the child reaches the age of consent, they would be free to choose to a life in the US or the DR (or both).

All I expect is DNA testing to verify the child is mine and the expectation of a quality bi-lingual education. What are your thoughts?

Please check the cynicism and snide comments at the door.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
The question is: Is it possible to maintain a long distance parental relationship (I am not leaving the US, nor is she leaving the DR), to give a child the opportunity to be a bilingual dual citizen, and have all the benefits of a US father and a Domincan mother?
I do not have a response to the direct question that you posed, but I do have some comments on something that you said.

Unless you marry her, it will be very difficult for your girlfriend to come to the US to have your baby.

That said, I don't believe it is necessary for the child to be born in the US to be a US citizen at birth. You should find some more information here Acquisition of U.S. Citizenship by a Child Born Abroad

Good luck and welcome to DR1.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
here are the rules

Birth Abroad Out-of-Wedlock to a U.S. Citizen Father ? ?New? Section 309(a)

A person born abroad out-of-wedlock to a U.S. citizen father may acquire U.S. citizenship under Section 301(g) of the INA, as made applicable by the ?new? Section 309(a) of the INA provided:

A blood relationship between the person and the father is established by clear and convincing evidence;
The father had the nationality of the United States at the time of the person?s birth;
The father was physically present in the United States or its outlying possessions prior to the child?s birth for five years, at least two of which were after reaching the age of 14.
The father (unless deceased) has agreed in writing to provide financial support for the person until the person reaches the age of 18 years, and
While the person is under the age of 18 years --
the person is legitimated under the law of his/her residence or domicile,
the father acknowledges paternity of the person in writing under oath, or
the paternity of the person is established by adjudication of a competent court.
Birth Abroad Out-of-Wedlock to a U.S. Citizen Father ? ?Old? Section 309(a) of the INA- A child born out-of-wedlock to a U.S. citizen father may acquire U.S. citizenship under the former Section 301(a)(7) of the INA as made applicable by the ?old? Section 309(a) of the INA if the U.S. citizen father, prior to the child?s birth, had been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for ten years, five of which were after the age of 14, and if the paternity of the child had been established by legitimation prior to the child reaching the age of 21. The ?old? Section 309(a) of the INA is applicable to individuals who were 18 on November 14, 1986 and to individuals whose paternity had been established by legitimation prior to that date. Individuals who were at least 15 on November 14, 1986, but under the age of 18, could opt to have their claim determined in accordance with the provisions of either the ?old? or the ?new? Section 309(a).

Do not discount the power of the US Visa.. Many, many Dominicans love their country but would leave it for an opportunity to live in the US. Do you really want your child to be raised in the DR by the mother alone and just visit her? Then take the option of going to the US for giving birth off the table. You probably make enough money to get a visa for her... and she probably has cousins and aunts who will take the other children.. and that is probably the scenario that she has in mind. That she will stay in the US - or wherever- with you and the child.

So stop talking about the possiblity of coming to the US and see if she is still so enthusiatic,

(I have withheld the snide comments)

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Sir:
I think you are getting in deep without really looking in depth at the legal ramifications. If you father a child in the DR she can take you for a lot more than $500-600usd. You are crazy if you think she doesn't have alterier motives. You are setting yourself up for giant legal headaches. Even if your marry her she can tell you to take a hike and you will be supporting her, the child and her family long term. Take a step back and re-think this whole relationship.

LTSteve

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my advice is: DON'T BREED. she's probably trying for a baby with every other man she has. that's her salary and a future pension to breed with fools who will keep on maintaining her.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
My ex sister in law, Bruja, had two Gringo boyfriends and of course always had the Dominican Boyfriend. She wanted a baby and had one. Of course the Gringos were very happy at least until they figured it out. One or her other kids actually told the Gringos about the other two. She got at least a new fridge, new living room set and countless trips to Western Union until it unravled. Why she didn't go for a Pasola or new Bedroom set escapes me.
So to the poster I say, yes have a baby with her. Your support will be meaningful to her and her family and her Dominican BF who is very skilled by the way. She will only have to have some phone calls and a few visits a year to receive all this generosity. This may be the best part time job yet. $5-600 and month is almost a fortune, what 26,000 RD. (That's almost enough for our friends' Grocery bill. lol) Sorry SK. Anyway, Bruja wants to apply for this job, how so?
And forget about bringing her to the States, aint happening unless you marry her. And since she doen't want a geen card then no. She can't come to the states anyhow, her Domincan BF won't let her.

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Personally I think it's a silly idea to have a child with no intent on being around to raise it. I believe you are doing this for all the wrong reasons and certainly not for the sake of the child.

Aug 6, 2006
All this depends entirely on the woman having the child. I would think that you need to know her very, very well. Also, you should analyze your own desires and motives very well. If the DR is a fit place for this woman to live, why would it not also be a fit place for your child. From what I have read on this subject, you are unlikely to get the child born in the US unless you actually marry this woman and can produce a certificate. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Are you dark scorpion's alter ego?

Last edited:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Having a baby for the reasons you suggest would be for selfish reasons. You might mean well, but if you don't live with the child it is the wrong thing to do.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I will not post any "Snide/Cynical" remarks, IF, you promise to check yourself into a mental hospital, SOOOOOOOON!
It just a "Sock Puppet" who has no life!
If they ever let you out, doubtful, go straight to the nearest Urology Clinic, and have your "NUTS" removed.
Not the "NUTS" part of you that the "NOT HOUSE" should have already done, the "NUTS" between your legs!!!
Seeeeeeeeeeeeee, nothing "SNIDE" here.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
I mean, woud any sane person ask for potentlially life changing advice from a group of total strangers, and on the "INTERNET"?????

May 29, 2006
1517691_10202606526301860_600130546_n.jpg

thiawroane

Apr 11, 2013
To the first responders, thanks! Your advice about legal issues was exactly what I was looking for. It helps.

To the later posters, most of whom met my extremely low expectations, thanks for the comic relief.

The internet is full of valuable information, and total bull****. I know the difference. If a moderator can close this thread, now would be an appropriate time to do so...

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
"I have a leadership role in a multinational US corporation. I have traveled the globe..." Anyone with this type of experience and/or credentials for real would not be asking these very strange questions here. (Why do I find myself agreeing with CC again?!!) Ask them of her mother and your lawyer, and your wife : )

yacht chef

Bronze
Sep 13, 2009
I agree with ccccc why. Ask a ship of fools this ? ...
Just to play the devil's advickit, yes it would be 75% for selfish reasons people are selfish .
There are meny reasons that men never get to be a part of there kids lives . BIG DEAL not relly.
I say no way to $ 500 or $ 600 try $ 150.
She will try to get more? let her try . Jjjjjj
Her Dominican boyfriend that is cool let him play catch with your kid may be he will make it to the MLB.
If your not prepared to share the toto get out of the RD. So have your other girl look in on your kid from time to time.
What the hell WEY go for it.

Mar 1, 2009
If you don't mind spending money through the nose do it. It's 18 years of this and then some, do you have to marry her? Some woman will change on you in a heartbeat. Their hormone's are crazy, crazy things. Take it slow, slooooooooow like a John legend song. If she is a good woman, she will be patient but if she has an agenda, time will make her spill the beans.

Vuelvete loko si tu quieres

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCccccccccccCCCCCcccccc

Status
Not open for further replies.