Why would people come to AI and starting arguing?

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Our not so good stay at Punta Cana was even further damaged by guest next door. The room we got was not so great and very basic but I didn't want to upgrade since we were there with one of supervisor's family.

Anywho.
As we have 3 years old we are forced to go to bed early at night as the little fellow goes to bed at 9 and wakes up 6-6:30 on the dot. But around middle of night family next door start to argue and apparently they had their mother with them and they were going at it briefly and mother intervene. Maybe it was the 5+ hours of rides but I thought it wasn't that bad on a first night as I woke up briefly and went back to sleep. But next day, oh boy, they were going at it for the full 45 minutes or so. I was thankful that my boy was sleeping and doesn't know any bad words yet because the stuff that was coming out of the both man and women next door was purely amazing and half hour of old mother's weeping just made our last night stay that much worse. The next morning hour for us was equally bad as the night before put us in bad mood and it continued until I put my wife through another $50 massage.

All I want to say is, if you wan to argue leave that stuff at home, because some of us trying to find peace in mix of mediocre stay.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
You are telling the wrong people, you confront them that you have a child and ask them to grow up and sober up, or as I would and have done is tell reception and have yourself or them moved. My feeling is if you put up with it then it could not be all that bad, as if people were breaking my child's or partners nights sleep with vulgar language, I'd be out of the door to confront them (maybe not a good idea with recent headlines) or on the phone to reception immediately. Like you say, you pay good money to go on vacation, no one has the right to ruin this. Hotels have regulations you sign and agree to, one of those is keeping an orderly and respectful tone during your stay, if people break these rules then you have every right.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
They were probably just have a normal conversation.
I guess you could be right. "You are F'n pathetic!" and slamming door could be "I love you honey!" and kisses.

You are telling the wrong people, you confront them that you have a child and ask them to grow up and sober up, or as I would and have done is tell reception and have yourself or them moved. My feeling is if you put up with it then it could not be all that bad, as if people were breaking my child's or partners nights sleep with vulgar language, I'd be out of the door to confront them (maybe not a good idea with recent headlines) or on the phone to reception immediately. Like you say, you pay good money to go on vacation, no one has the right to ruin this. Hotels have regulations you sign and agree to, one of those is keeping an orderly and respectful tone during your stay, if people break these rules then you have every right.
Like I said we always went to bed early. I wasn't about to wake my wife up (i thought she was) and possibly our son up turning on the light and making calls or confront them. And I have learned that some times putting a fuel into fire isn't a good idea when you have 3 years old around. My wife wan't exactly having time of her life anyways and I thought it wasn't worth it then and now.

May 29, 2006
I've always heard the best way to know just how well you can get along with someone is to travel with them. Being hungry, tired, hot and dehydrated tests the best of us.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Why not change room ?? And why not have your 3 yrs old stay at home with a babysitter ???

It was fairly late. Past 11 and our last night of stay. And we are not kind of parents that would leave our 3 years old son with sitter for more then 4 hours so leaving them with sitter for four full days is out of questions. My wife would never allow it. (And mee too)

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
It was fairly late. Past 11 and our last night of stay. And we are not kind of parents that would leave our 3 years old son with sitter for more then 4 hours so leaving them with sitter for four full days is out of questions. My wife would never allow it. (And mee too)

Ridiculous... What ?? You think the sitter would hurt your kid ?? What about a vacation for you without the kid ??

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Ridiculous... What ?? You think the sitter would hurt your kid ?? What about a vacation for you without the kid ??

You have your way of raising your kid and we have ours. We enjoy spending time with our son anyways (good or bad). I would do anything to spend more time with him. And yes I would hate myself if he had burger and and hot dogs infront of tv for four days, meanwhile we wine and dine in resort.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I must admit, I don't even allow my child's family to look after her, I worry even if they want to take her to the beach. I don't trust Dominicans to sit my dog, I struggle very hard not to worry about my daughter in the hands of them. No disrespect, I am aware there is no malice, I feel they are very loving towards kids, but are terrible at considering logic and consequence, this is a bad cocktail.

Nothing wrong with bringing your kid on holidays with you! I won't leave my Canadian chihuahua with anyone in the DR, so if
we go to PC or anywhere over night type thing he is coming with!
I would not confront drunk people yelling either here! I had a similar situation at Be Live Marion last year, could hear the yelling through my earplugs and was not into changing rooms to be in a worse room or next to other loud people! It's a lot of work
changing rooms when you are all settled and only have a few more nights left! I thought about calling the front desk but didn't
Bother.
Sorry that happened to you, at least your kid wasen't bothered!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I agree with Koreano, we never left our kids with anyone to go away anywhere. I, however, would have banged on the wall to let them know they were too loud. And I guarantee Mr. AE would have pounded on their door.

What a shame that they spoiled your trip.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Couldn't you go to the front desk and complain? No need for you to confront them.

I wasn't getting dressed and go out or make calls unless I felt it got more ugly. Yes it was bad with all the yelling and cursing but I thought it was funny at times until I realized old lady was in the room and start weeping after lady slammed the door. Everything got much better though after opening up a bottle that my worker brought me and watching movie on my tablet.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
Nothing wrong with bringing your kid on holidays with you! I won't leave my Canadian chihuahua with anyone in the DR, so if
we go to PC or anywhere over night type thing he is coming with!
I would not confront drunk people yelling either here! I had a similar situation at Be Live Marion last year, could hear the yelling through my earplugs and was not into changing rooms to be in a worse room or next to other loud people! It's a lot of work
changing rooms when you are all settled and only have a few more nights left! I thought about calling the front desk but didn't
Bother.
Sorry that happened to you, at least your kid wasen't bothered!!

I had someone at work check up on our cat before I left. Gave him food and little money to give food and fresh water. Even with all the ants thank god i left enough food just in case because watchie said a guy came few hour after I left and never came back. Water was spoiled though.. :(

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

You can have those when your children are teenagers and let them destroy your house...etc. You have children to be with them, not away from them.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I had someone at work check up on our cat before I left. Gave him food and little money to give food and fresh water. Even with all the ants thank god i left enough food just in case because watchie said a guy came few hour after I left and never came back. Water was spoiled though.. :(

Always flush the toilet and leave the lid open. Cats will gladly use it as a watering hole.

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012
You can have those when your children are teenagers and let them destroy your house...etc. You have children to be with them, not away from them.

I guess the time will come with all the I hate you's and leave me alone's. But I am going to enjoy this time as long as I can.

NV_

Bronze
Aug 4, 2003
What kind of a parent leaves their 3yr old child with a sitter for 4 days to have a good time at a resort???