New cedula for dominicans, also for non-dominicans ?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i love the photo on the example. because blond white woman in a perfect fit here.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
The one in this sample looks much better, I don't believe she is really 42 years old, Spain must be feeding them from the "Fountain of Youth".

Copy Solutions se defiende; asegura ofreci? mejor propuesta - DiarioLibre.com

15yvskk.jpg

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
I think Robert has a problem with the "Stats" counter.

This thread at this moment shows 3 replies and 0 views.

Replies: 3
Views: 0

After I posted, the "Views" jumped to 35.

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
I would assume that your current cedula will remain valid until the expiration date printed on it (in some cases apparently the expiration date in the government systems is not the one on the card).

It would be nice if someone could comment on this if they have different information.

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
The new C?dula was first announced in 2008 and people were urged to get their biometric data taken at any JCE office. I did it back then and I doubt the new C?dula will be issued this year. My Dominican wife renewed her C?dula last year and it was only issued until 2013 (ridiculous since it was expired before it was issued), we can only wait and see what happens...

Aug 6, 2006
The idea that passports and cedulas and the like need renewing has always seemed silly to me. It makes some sense to have to renew drivers licenses, because driving is an ability that can change with age. But things that simply prove one's existence alone should not require renewing. We all have the same identity we had twenty years ago. It would make sense to simply replace the photo for a small fee at most.
It is really all about governments raising money.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
I know people that have cedulas which had expired more than 5 years ago and they still using it, so in fact this is just another way for the government to make money. Now what I don't like is that I have to pay 1000.00RD pesos which is like 25.00USD to renew my Dominican cedula when I am a native. In the USA a state ID cost around 8.00USD and here we have to pay 25.00USd.

It just makes no sense to me.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
I know people that have cedulas which had expired more than 5 years ago and they still using it, so in fact this is just another way for the government to make money. Now what I don't like is that I have to pay 1000.00RD pesos which is like 25.00USD to renew my Dominican cedula when I am a native. In the USA a state ID cost around 8.00USD and here we have to pay 25.00USd.

It just makes no sense to me.

You are supporting the "Rich and Infamous".

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
New ID cards to have holographic image

The new ID and voter card (cedula) scheduled for issue this year will have holographic images to combat card forgery and unauthorized alterations and duplications. Other enhanced security measures include micro text printing - small text that is only visible with a magnifying glass and hidden characters and patterns within the intricate graphic design, according to the contract that the Central Electoral Board (JCE) has signed with Copy Solutions International, winner of the tender to supply the around seven million cards in 2014, as reported in Diario Libre. The new card measuring 3-3/8" x 2-1/8" will last at least five years and will contain the identity number, photograph, hidden photograph, signature of the bearer, names and last names, birth date, civil status, birthplace, nationality, particular identifying signs, sex, blood type and expiration date.

Nueva c?dula estar?a dotada de medidas para evitar la falsificaci?n - DiarioLibre.com

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012

bronzeallspice

Mar 26, 2012
I would assume that your current cedula will remain valid until the expiration date printed on it (in some cases apparently the expiration date in the government systems is not the one on the card).

It would be nice if someone could comment on this if they have different information.

The government is going to make an announcement soon as to where everyone(per sector) needs
to go (center or office) to renew cedula and also the time frame.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
There we go again. Every time I see a spanish company has "won" a "licitaci?n" I know it's not going to end up very well for DR. Spanish companies know too well how to do business with DR's governments, so it's no surprise they so often end up winning those contracts. They will just sub-contract one of the losing companies for less to do the work, or will just do some half-assed job and in a few years DR will have to do it all over again. There are many examples: Union Fenosa (CDEEE), Indra (JCE) or El Corte Ingles software (the worst joke of all) with "portabilidad numerica".

When I see things like this I remember why DR is trapped in its own vicious circle.

Naked_Snake

Bronze
Sep 2, 2008
There we go again. Every time I see a spanish company has "won" a "licitaci?n" I know it's not going to end up very well for DR. Spanish companies know too well how to do business with DR's governments, so it's no surprise they so often end up winning those contracts. They will just sub-contract one of the losing companies for less to do the work, or will just do some half-assed job and in a few years DR will have to do it all over again. There are many examples: Union Fenosa (CDEEE), Indra (JCE) or El Corte Ingles software (the worst joke of all) with "portabilidad numerica".

When I see things like this I remember why DR is trapped in its own vicious circle.

It's not too hard to see that behind that specific scheme is "El Emperador" with Roberto Rosario as his "testaferro". Coincidentally enough, the Fenosa scam began with him and Temo at the helm.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Is this like the Biometric Cedula's. ? I'll believe it when I see it. We still have the Paper copies they gave us when we went to get them.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
My cedula still says it?s valid till 2008, and the picture on it is like a hundred years old!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
My cedula still says it?s valid till 2008, and the picture on it is like a hundred years old!

I've never seen a dominican with an unexpired cedula. I'm told they are still valid because of some obscure reason that has to do with the new cedula coming (which I've been hearing for at least 8 years). The irony is, it's free for dominicans and they don't even bother getting a new one. It's more than US$ 100 for foreigners and they give you hell plus a penalty if it is expired.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I've never seen a dominican with an unexpired cedula. I'm told they are still valid because of some obscure reason that has to do with the new cedula coming (which I've been hearing for at least 8 years). The irony is, it's free for dominicans and they don't even bother getting a new one. It's more than US$ 100 for foreigners and they give you hell plus a penalty if it is expired.

Yeah, they're still valid! I did have my biometric data taken in 08 for a new one. They told people that the new cedula would be ready in a couple of months, but it never happened.