Dog sitting, what would you prefer...

BenDe

Aug 4, 2012
Hello all, What would you prefer for a dog pension/day care....

Sosua: in a kennel(cage) with 20+ other dogs, out for a walk 2-3 times a day. no interaction with care giver
OR
in a house environment, with 2-3 other furry friends to play with, free to roam arround the house,
free access to backyard, walk 2-3-4... times a day when weather permits.

Same question for Santiago de Los Caballeros area !!!

Also, how much would you be willing to pay per day? food provided by the doggy owner since they all eat different brand, and package deal for longer stay, or 2 dogs at a time.

Asking that question because i couldn't find any good place out there except Judy's pet lodge and she seem to be pretty "busy" or full.

Thank you everyone~!

Ben

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
House environment natch, but all depends on length of time of stay. My guys can do 2-4 days in most any condition where they get food on time and have a soft bed to sleep on. Am always amazed at their resiliency,- they also survive flying in cargo in airplanes. It's hard sometimes to figure out what the dogs need cuz mostly we are projecting our needs on to them.

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
Sorry, missed second question,- going rate in Canada 10-15 US$ per day. Two dogs less since they kennel together. Translating to here it would be less due to lower wages and no need to heat kennels. Here is a guess,- 300rd?????

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Personally, for a long stay I would prefer for my dogs to board at someone else's place as long as they get along well with the other dogs and these dogs have all their vaccinations up to date. 300 pesos per day would be a reasonable rate with a discount for multiple dogs.

BenDe

Aug 4, 2012
So far, thank you for you replies!
Any idea if people are in need of it in Sosua area, i can't find the amount of expat in Sosua/Cabarete/Puerto Plata that have dogs and need it!

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
We live in Sosua and are getting a small dog soon. Would love to have a doggy day care here. Without kennels and secure premises. Would pay the same rate we pay in Canada if it was in your house and kennel free. It is a great idea for a business. In Toronto there are oodles of businesses like this and they all seem to do well. Flexible hours (but not after say 5-6 pm unless you have overnight doggy guests) and we bring the food. And you would have to see documented proof that all vaccinations are up to date.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Puppies are not us!

Cris, or Mr T ;)

Do you have a need for more? I have 10 puppies ages from 2 weeks to 5 weeks of age now, mutes, but they all are...figured to ask real quick after seeing your reply..PM please if so, don't wish to further hijack Ben's thread..

Sorry Ben..and great idea...If you need a Vet Tech, help in someway, give me a PM..I'm in Puerto Plata

Anthony

I love dogs, I have the space,I live in SD,I have the time,....."Huuuuuuuuuummmmmm"????????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

mxcutie

Jan 12, 2010
I pay 300 pesos per day at a vet clinic. They are free to roam around and nott in cages, and food is provided.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we paid 300 or 400 pesos a day for our cat. gee, it was not that long ago but i cannot remember the rate... food included. she was in a cage, thou as she is epileptic and requires medication.