migel vargas and his prestamogate

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
front pages of all newspapers today:
Revelan Miguel Vargas recibi? pr?stamo privilegiado de RD$585 MM del Banreservas - DiarioLibre.com
la zeta runs it as the story of the day:
Z 101

it is revealed that miguel took a "prestamo" of 15 million dollars back in the december 2011, in the middle of the presidential campaign for 2012 elections.

hoy runs encuesta today that sums up the accusation:
2renvaw.jpg

you can see the opinions are divided... it has been alleged for a long time that miguel was simply a puppet of leonel. i said many times that i am sure he voted PLD in 2012 ;)

the ongoing argument withing PRD, between crybaby miguel and payaso hipolito has already nearly destroyed the party, this will be a nail in the coffin.

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
He can afford it. This guy as Hipolito were multimillionaires wait before they ran for president. In the other hand Leonel and many from the PLD did not have a penny to their name and suddenly many of them are millionaires today.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
dv8, can you dig up some dirt on this?

Google:

Miguel Vargas entreg? documento del BR que califica su pr?stamo como “incobrable”

Miguel Vargas delivered document from the BR that qualifies his loan as "uncollectable"

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
now, this is an interesting story... and it is going on overshadowed by the violence and other issues in the country...

the story you are looking for is here: Miguel Vargas entreg? documento del BR que califica su pr?stamo como
migel present documents classifying his lean as noncollectable... but let us go back to the beginning...

miguel took his prestamo in december 2011. it was allegedly in to finance some of his future project (he has construction company). miguel claimed the loan was against some real estate with a total value of 44 million dollars. there were accusations the real estate in question did not have clean title, miguel claimed it was not true.
here is some more: Miguel Vargas asume defensa del pr?stamo con el Banco de Reservas - Peri?dico Digital Dominicano - 7d?as.com.do

now, it was then alleged that this prestamo was clasified by banreservas as category D (dificil cobro): PC define como "extremadamente grave" pr?stamo de Banreservas a Miguel Vargas - Peri?dico Digital Dominicano - 7d?as.com.do

miguel claims that in the time he has borrowed the money he dutifully paid the interest. but not the capital...
DESDE LA REP?BLICA DOMINICANA: Banreservas considera incobrable pr?stamo de US$15 millones a Miguel Vargas Maldonado

correct me if i am wrong here. in order to get this money back the bank will now have to take the garantia (real estate i mentioned before) and SELL IT TO THE HIGHEST BIDDER.

it's getting pretty interesting, isn't it?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
oh, and the best part? Entre los documentos entregados por Miguel Vargas Maldonado, sin que se percatara que estaba entregando una pieza mort?fera contra sus propios argumentos, se encontraba la “Relaci?n de Movimientos de un Pr?stamo”
which implies that miguel presented it unknowingly...
(nothing happens by chance)

May 12, 2005
Just an interesting aside I heard is that MVM made lots off the metro as his company is the only one in the country that had the equipment to do much of the digging and tunneling.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
crybaby miguel is very rich. here is an article on his humble casita in case de campo:
Descubrimos la villa del MVP en Casa de Campo | Cr?nicas Marcianas desde Rep?blica Dominicana

Everybody knew already he is filthy rich, this article though seems very overreacting. The photo shows a big villa in Casa de Campo like many other villas there, not something I would ever be able to afford, but also not something out of this world.

About stealing, I keep hearing he bought the codetel building in Lincoln for a good price and sold it to the Dominican government for a lot of money. I think that was during hipolito's last months, but also might have been during Leonel's government.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I have seen the house in "Casa de Campo".
The pictures don't do it justice!
It is HUGE!!!!
I thought it was a HOTEL!
I heard that his bedroom is 5,000 square feet!
Let's hope the "PRD" never wins another Presidential election!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the other day diaro libre had an article that migel and hipolito do not even say hello to each other. i snorted with laughter like a pig seeing farmer with a bucket of potatoes.

Mar 1, 2009
The less Miguel says the better, same goes for el guapo de Gurabo.
Leonel, seems to have learned that silence is golden, Danilo learned this a long time ago and only says what is necessary.

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The 2016 elections will be a lot of "FUN"!!!
We should start our, "How Many Politically Motivated Killings Will Happen"????
"Vargas' people killing "Hipolito's" people, and "Visa Versa"!!!!!
"Fernandez's" people killing "Danilo's" people, and "Visa Versa"!!!!!!!!!!!
AND,the "PRSC" just,"Killing Time"!
Should be great Sport!
:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC