Looking to export DR coconut oil

Canada-one

Jan 14, 2014
Hey there,

We've travelled to the DR for the pas 6 years and would like to support the local economy here.

Does anyone know of any DR coconut farmers who wish to develop co-business opportunities with a Canadian company who imports coconut oil to Canada?

May 29, 2006
Try contacting the Canadian Embassy in the DR or the Dominican Embassy in Canada. They can often help you find exporters. Copra is the commodity coconut oil is made from.

localhistorybuff

Aug 6, 2013
How about good coconut water? There are only 2 brands that are drinkable here (in US), and they're both expensive. Some of the other brands like O.N.E taste more like aloe vera juice than coconut water.

May 29, 2006
There are plenty of coconut water brands out there, including GOYA. It's not that nice by itself so I get the kinds that are mixed with juices or are sweetened. Most are too expensive for me, about $4 per liter.

localhistorybuff

Aug 6, 2013
That's just it - I don't want to have to disguise the taste. I get dehydrated easily, and coconut water is the most hydrating beverage possible, but Taste Nirvana and Healthy Harvest are the only 2 I've tried that are palatable. Healthy Harvest is crazy expensive. I haven't tried GOYA.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
you are a little late

Hey there,

We've travelled to the DR for the pas 6 years and would like to support the local economy here.

Does anyone know of any DR coconut farmers who wish to develop co-business opportunities with a Canadian company who imports coconut oil to Canada?

While that is a nice thought, there are Dominican entrepreneurs that are light-years ahead of you. SID--the Sociedad Industrial Dominicana, more popularly known as La Manicera--owns and operates the number one oil processing facilities in the DR.

I am pretty sure that they, together with some of exporters, pretty much own the production of coconuts and coconut oils. The DR exports copra, and the fibers also. You can find out who these people are at the Ministry of Industry and Commerce and at the Ministry of Agriculture.

Cordially,

HB

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
So where is the best place to buy Coconut oil in the DR? You would think it would be cheap and good.

shorts

Dec 3, 2012
They sell a no name brand of coconut oil at La sirena that's made in Dr. Before I found that I was using coconut oil bought at bravo, but those are all American brands and very expensive.

skinny36

Mar 2, 2010
I know someone that sells it in the sosua area if you are interested...just a small mom and pop place..