Any good podiatrist in Santiago?

Jan 17, 2009
I need to see a podiatrist as I have a lot of pain on one foot when I walk more than a mile, as well as a bad burning sensation in the sole of both feet. I checked the HOMS directory and the only foot doctor is an orthopedic surgeon. Has anyone seen a podiatrist there that you can recommend? Thanks

May 29, 2006
Someone else was looking for a podiatrist recently. First thing is to look at the bottom of your shoes. If they're worn unevenly you're feet are going to put your back out of alignment. As I mentioned on the other thread, I had sciatica a couple years back and found a new pair of shoes cured it within a week.

Jan 17, 2009
Thanks, Peter. My shoes wear off pretty evenly. I just found the other thread. I don't have Plantar Fasciitis; the pain is on the ball of the foot. I saw a podiatrist in the US but couldn't stay long enough to solve the problem. Some sort of bone pushing out because the arch of my feet is very high and well marked, and puts a lot of pressure on the ball, and some sort of neuralgia, neuro something, can't remember what. I tried different types of shoes as well as inserts but nothing has helped enough to be able to walk for several miles without pain. He said he wouldn't recommend surgery.

I see if someone can recommend a podiatrist but if not I may end up going to see the ortho surgeon anyway.

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
You are probably better off especially here seeing a Orthopedist. A podiatrist in the U.S is not considered a medical Doctor, so there is no telling how they classify them here.HOMS is an excellent hospital, if they gave you a referral you can be confident he is qualified to treat your condition.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
You may need some type of arch for your shoes. Do you where sandals a lot or sneakers? Sounds like you need a shoe with a lot of support and an arch support. Go on line. You may be able to find out a lot of info. Not that it helps, my father was a Podiatrist and I play one on DR1.

LTSteve