german tourists attacked and robbed in POP

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
De acuerdo a lo denunciado, en horas de la ma?ana de este mi?rcoles una pareja de turistas alemanes fueron asaltados y despojado de una cadena de oro, cuando caminaban por la calle San Felipe, luego de que fueran enca?onados por dos sujetos que viajaban en una motocicleta y tras cometer el hecho emprendieron la huida.

the story is related here: Siguen los robos y asaltos en distintos lugares de Puerto Plata - Puerto Plata Digital

the article also mentions another tourist attacked in POP: Asimismo, otro turista del cual no se pudo precisar su nacionalidad tambi?n fue v?ctima de dos individuos cuando caminaba por la avenida Luis Ginebra quienes con la rapidez de un rayo lo despojaron de sus pertenec?as y huyeron de inmediato.

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
De acuerdo a lo denunciado, en horas de la ma?ana de este mi?rcoles una pareja de turistas alemanes fueron asaltados y despojado de una cadena de oro, cuando caminaban por la calle San Felipe, luego de que fueran enca?onados por dos sujetos que viajaban en una motocicleta y tras cometer el hecho emprendieron la huida.

the story is related here: Siguen los robos y asaltos en distintos lugares de Puerto Plata - Puerto Plata Digital[/I]

DV8 whats up? This story lacks the blood and gore you have become famous for......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
That because it's a tourist it makes front page news ??

yes, precisely. poor dominicans don't have gold chains to steal, rich dominicans travel in jeepetas and do not walk around. but tourist don't know any better. and remember that carnival is putting lots of pressure on the safety issues. to them, those attacks do not look good.

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
So then the Dominican newspapers are shooting themselves in the foot by running the story.... Keep quiet and nobody will know...

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
So then the Dominican newspapers are shooting themselves in the foot by running the story.... Keep quiet and nobody will know...

the thing is press here has undergone tabloidization process. stories like that sell. and if there is a picture, mammia mia, so much better.

May 12, 2005
The new Jefe of PN is all over the news asking for changes to the penal code and saying that crime is a plague on the country. I see some mano dura coming.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Honestly I dont understand. Whats the point of wearing a gold chain in a country like this. You will either loose it or loose your life as well. I landed in SD recently. There were many foreigners wearing expensive watches and gold stuff. There was a woman with gold chain, expensive earings, expensive diamond ring. Honestly whats the point. Its hot here, just go with short, old T shirt and you avoid problems. I mean, dont tell me foreigners are not warned...
Of course, my post dont excuse the bastards who rob and kill, but still. If a gun is pointed at me, the more they will get is the 200 pesos I got in my pocket. My shoes are worn out. So is my T shirt and short...

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Some people lack common sense...

"Mano dura"? About time, that is the only thing this rubbish understands.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
I guess this goes beyond common sense
Is it some kind of provocation? Or some kind of beleive of invincibility?
I just dont get it

I guess this goes beyond common sense
Is it some kind of provocation? Or some kind of beleive of invincibility?
I just dont get it

People like to show off their expensive things, it's all about status. I agree here it is really a dumb thing to do.
I'm like you shorts, t-shirt and sandals, nothing fancy. In many ways because all my good clothes either got ruined by the maid or I am too fat now to fit into them :)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
To play the devil advocate's nowadays a regular gold chain is not worth much. I know people who don't take them off. Some sneakers or Smartphones can be more expensive than some.

images

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
ok but only due to the heat, I would like to wear a watch, bracelet or chain. You know us foreigner always sweat a little bit, when its not a lot. Its just not nice to wear things like that

jbars

Jul 6, 2007

the story is related here: Siguen los robos y asaltos en distintos lugares de Puerto Plata - Puerto Plata Digital

the article also mentions another tourist attacked in POP: Asimismo, otro turista del cual no se pudo precisar su nacionalidad tambi?n fue v?ctima de dos individuos cuando caminaba por la avenida Luis Ginebra quienes con la rapidez de un rayo lo despojaron de sus pertenec?as y huyeron de inmediato.

Do you spend most of your time during the day searching for these stories?