Kayak Tours in Los Haitises

Left on Red

Mar 10, 2012
Hi there!
Would any of you by chance have current info/contact info for kayak tours in Los Haitises National Park?
(I hit a dead end with the last 'Kayak' post...and could not get the # for 'TDA Adventures')? Or any general info for the park would also be greatly appreciated. (Please let me know if I've missed a post (or posts) there. A general search pulled up a hilarious assortment of (unrelated) past posts).
Thank you so much! And Happy New Year!

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Are you in the DR or coming on vacation? If you are staying anywhere on the Samana Peninsula there are tour companies all over the place that can give you info. I googled for info and had a number of hits.

LTSteve

Left on Red

Mar 10, 2012
Are you in the DR or coming on vacation? If you are staying anywhere on the Samana Peninsula there are tour companies all over the place that can give you info. I googled for info and had a number of hits.

LTSteve

Thank you, LT Steve. I live here, near Cabrera. I did a Google as well, and the best I could come up with, after a bunch of calls, was Nicolas from Flora Tours, with whom I spoke yesterday. He is no longer doing Kayak tours, though. Did you have a Kayak tour that you prefer? Thanks again.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Thank you, LT Steve. I live here, near Cabrera. I did a Google as well, and the best I could come up with, after a bunch of calls, was Nicolas from Flora Tours, with whom I spoke yesterday. He is no longer doing Kayak tours, though. Did you have a Kayak tour that you prefer? Thanks again.

I never did the kayak tour. I would google the Samana Peninsula travel website and see if there is any reference in their or go onto lt7.com which is the bi-weekly LT paper you can access on line and see if there are any ads for tours or a travel agent that could give you some info.

LTSTeve

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
When I did the whale tour with Kim Beddal Whalewatching she was touting kayak tours in Haitises as well as the whale trip.
You could try her maybe?

susan77

Jan 19, 2008
The owner of Fatama Morgana Guest House and Pura Verde Recycled Mulch in LT, "Edit," can also arrange tours to Los Haitises-- Pls Google the Guest House for her contact #-- I plan to take a tour withh her soon!
:)Susan

Sarah E. Miller

Feb 23, 2014
I read in a few places one can rent a kayak for $3 to tour the mangroves of Los Haitises. Do you know if that is from Cano Hondo? Also, is that easy to do? A lot of articles (including the minister of tourism) says kakaking in the park is awesome, but im cant find information online of how to go about doing it.