Need a competent computer repair place in Santo Domingo. Suggestions?

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
I have a laptop that will not boot. It won't respond to repair disks and it does not show the hard drive. I think the hard drive may be dead.

I need a recommendation for a repair person or place that can (in the worst case scenario) retrieve the files from a dead hard drive. Preferably cheap.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
There is a place on Av Gustavo Mejia Ricart with calle Federico Geraldino with a big sign that says they recover data from hard disks. These procedures are never cheap, though.
As for replacing the hard disk, it's pretty easy even without any knowledge. Watch a video in youtube featuring your laptop model and decide. You can get the disk on Amazon.

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Thanks.

I removed the drive that is not working.

I happened to have another hard disk and I put it in the computer and used the recovery disks to install windows and drivers and the computer works fine.

The problem is that I did not have the files on the drive that is not working backed up. I need those files.

I am not positive that the drive is dead. I need a competent person to check it out.

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
I am not positive that the drive is dead. I need a competent person to check it out.

You can get an enclosure. Those can be found at any computer store such as Cecomsa or Omega Tech (RD$ 500 to 1,000). A enclosure is an external case for the hard disk with a USB cord, so you can connect it to a PC or laptop. When you plug the enclosure in, the disk should start. If it doesn't then it is indeed dead.
A technician is going to charge you at least RD$1,000 just to diagnose it, and by the way you describe it, it is dead.
If you must take it to a repair sho, try Dr, Laptop (I don't have their number here)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
There is a place on Av Gustavo Mejia Ricart with calle Federico Geraldino with a big sign that says they recover data from hard disks. These procedures are never cheap, though.
As for replacing the hard disk, it's pretty easy even without any knowledge. Watch a video in youtube featuring your laptop model and decide. You can get the disk on Amazon.

That would be Nerdot. Seems like a trustworthy place.

If you don't want to spend on a disk enclosure, I have one and have no problem helping you out so you can check if your files are accessible and copy them to the other hard drive if you want.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Carmen mendoza, ask for jose, he is the owner, great guy, there all of the time...can be reached at 809-363-0224.man, wish he was here in pp...

Its called cep jose computers, right down the street from deoreos corner market, but before the chinese food place, sells chicken as well...if your coming from 27 since carmen mendoza is a one way, he's on the right about 1/2 mile down..

Tell him anthony sent you and would give you a discount...

i have a laptop that will not boot. It won't respond to repair disks and it does not show the hard drive. I think the hard drive may be dead.

I need a recommendation for a repair person or place that can (in the worst case scenario) retrieve the files from a dead hard drive. Preferably cheap.

Thanks!

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
in Gazcue.. J and G Computers on Casimira de Moya bewteen Cervantes and Pasteur 809 687 3083 ... they can rebuild anything.. have been working with them for ten years...

I know this is an old posting but they are still there. I am going there to have them look at my lap top. Just one note the number is 809 687 2083.

harry myrtle beach

Sep 16, 2015
Took my computer to J&G and was very pleased. The computer need a new mother board and need to be debugged. The total charge was 2500 RD

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Just buy another computer or laptop something else will go wrong now..... just saying from my past exp.