It seems the police is bored...

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Coming home a second ago from the weekly 'suegra visit' I see police cars and motorcycles in front of our residencial. We get in and several neighbors are outside looking from a distance at one of the houses. Around that house it's crawling with police. Appeared that the watchman heard a noise coming from the house, but the owners are out of the country. Police was called and apparently minutes later it was crawling with police and military police. I counted 15 trigger happy guys....because someone 'heard a noise'.

Well, better safe than sorry, I guess.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
is this the case of damn if the don't and damn if they do? go, police!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
the police has been a bit jumpy lately. there has been a flood of arrests this year. glad they are doing their job.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yes, I see a difference too. Today on Playa Palenque, two officers were walking along the beach, I have NEVER seen even one there before.

Yesterday, two of our neighbors were having a VERY loud argument directly across the street from our house, and the police were there lickety split.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Every PN within radio contact there in minutes? No wonder if they heard the owners were away, I expect there will be a break in some time this week.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Low chance...the house between us and the one where the owners are away has a military guard in the night + the guard of the residencial.

What surprised me that none of the guys asked anyone for money or made any insinuation. We thanked them and they said: that's what we are here for.

Only one guy subtly reminded me that a few months ago offered me to repair our marmer floor, which I won't have him do.

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
Coming home a second ago from the weekly 'suegra visit' I see police cars and motorcycles in front of our residencial. We get in and several neighbors are outside looking from a distance at one of the houses. Around that house it's crawling with police. Appeared that the watchman heard a noise coming from the house, but the owners are out of the country. Police was called and apparently minutes later it was crawling with police and military police. I counted 15 trigger happy guys....because someone 'heard a noise'.

Well, better safe than sorry, I guess.

Did you see the police carrying out any furniture?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
They didn't enter the house, according to them only allowed if the owner gives permission or a fiscal. (or was it all a dream?)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's a good chance to say to the neighbour the police was there because he's parking in your spot :) :) :)

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
For some reason he doesn't do that anymore. Maybe since I brought his son along with my children for a bike ride in the park...