The Project Ecovillage Yasica La Boca

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
CABARETE ? . After suffering a prolonged downturn in economic and tourist activities in the areas of Cabarete, Islabon , Sabaneta de Y?sica and Veragua , respectively, inhabitants of these places have seen their hopes to revive economic growth with the recent announcement of the new ecotourism project ?Ecovillage -la Boca de Y?sica ?.
So I got to meet dozens of residents of the area surrounding the mouth of the river Y?sica , who said they were willing to support the installation of tourist complex to be implemented by the company Dram Endowent SRL which is represented by Mr. Gordon Ganon, who has managed to gain the sympathy of the community , as it has proven that their entrepreneurship is sincerely committed to conservation and environmental balance in the region.
The directors of boards Islabon neighbors , The Lometa Mouth Y?sica , Veragua and Ca?o Dulce, said with the tourism project ? Eco- Town of La Boca Y?sica ? people around the coast can feel their resurgence hopes for progress and development , so they advanced their support for this initiative.
On the back of the Neighborhood of Cabarete , Sabaneta and Veragua trade representatives , entrepreneurs and professionals from all branches operating in that territory , who assured also joined the proposal to develop a tourist hotel compatible with nature and the environment.
The entrepreneur Justin Mella said that tourism and government environmental authorities should provide all necessary facilities to the company represented by Mr. Gordon Ganon , so that it can fully develop the eco tourism project, because it would be the biggest and largest investment of its kind ever recorded around the coastline.
Mr. Gordon Ganon said that this complex is proposed to create over 300 temporary jobs , 125 permanent jobs and create a comprehensive system of community facilities including the adequacy of access roads to the site without privatizing them. The proposed co tourism project is to run at the mouth of the river Y?sica includes the construction of a community park , with more than 10 thousand square meters, Restaurants, parking lots, Bar area , BBQ and a pedestrian walkway to the mouth of the river. Finally, Mr Ganon said the Eco ? Village of La Boca Y?sica , project will be a low density project , since only about 6 villas consisting of two levels each in an area of ​​620 thousand square meters , not including beach areas and mangroves to be jealously guarded and protected , anticipating that under no circumstances be touched mangroves and other surrounding vegetation.

Source: Puerto Plata Digital

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
LOL Mr Gannon......Maybe he should finish his defunct Gran Cabana Cabarete project first, or at least pay back the money he owes his investors......

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
I was just going to post something really positive about this initiative and then I'm hauled up in my tracks by an unfinished business which many of us have no clue about. La Boca was one of my favourite places till it was 'controlled' and all I can hope for now is that this whole plan either gets realised or,

The whole place goes back as it was....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was just going to post something really positive about this initiative and then I'm hauled up in my tracks by an unfinished business which many of us have no clue about. La Boca was one of my favourite places till it was 'controlled' and all I can hope for now is that this whole plan either gets realised or,

The whole place goes back as it was....

As you mentioned, we have have all seen so many projects in the talk is cheap phase that never come to fruition. Let us hope this project can be completed and realized in a good way.

boknows

Oct 15, 2012
I saw we all start a movement to elect Frank12 to boost the tourism industry in Cabarete. As long as he brings his pet monkey with him to all government meetings he should fit in perfectly and gain the respect of his fellow countrymen.

dom

Jun 1, 2011
seriously gordon gannon ?

the place he is building next to procab has been sitting now for 5 years, the last thing i heard was that they where removing the already installed appliances etc. to recover some of the money.

and now this clown is going to put another loser project on the name of cabarete, way to go, seriously, what investor is that stupid to put such trust on a guy with such a portfolio, stupid is who stupid does seriously its ridiculous ??

s1mpleton

Dec 24, 2013
i guess i need clued in. the hotel i am currently working at is not very far from the Yasica at all. this would probably affect us as a whole.
should i be afraid.

StillAbe

May 19, 2011
While this may sound like a defense of Mr. Gannon, it is more of a general observation of the nature of real estate development: Donald Trump, as well as countless other successful developers, have endured bankruptcies, failures, indebtedness that corporations shielded them from, etc. yet they have gone on to other successful ventures. It's a sad thing that Gran Cabanna Cabarete seems to have failed and that investors have lost money. But, as stockbrokers are fond of saying, "past results are no indication of future performance."

s1mpleton

Dec 24, 2013
i just walked a couple of my hotel guests through that area this morning. you can see the crews and the clear cutting along the main "roadway" and several places where they have driven equipment deep into the areas to mark off areas.

bilko

Aug 5, 2011
CABARETE ? . After suffering a prolonged downturn in economic and tourist activities in the areas of Cabarete, Islabon , Sabaneta de Y?sica and Veragua , respectively, inhabitants of these places have seen their hopes to revive economic growth with the recent announcement of the new ecotourism project ?Ecovillage -la Boca de Y?sica ?.
So I got to meet dozens of residents of the area surrounding the mouth of the river Y?sica , who said they were willing to support the installation of tourist complex to be implemented by the company Dram Endowent SRL which is represented by Mr. Gordon Ganon, who has managed to gain the sympathy of the community , as it has proven that their entrepreneurship is sincerely committed to conservation and environmental balance in the region.
The directors of boards Islabon neighbors , The Lometa Mouth Y?sica , Veragua and Ca?o Dulce, said with the tourism project ? Eco- Town of La Boca Y?sica ? people around the coast can feel their resurgence hopes for progress and development , so they advanced their support for this initiative.
On the back of the Neighborhood of Cabarete , Sabaneta and Veragua trade representatives , entrepreneurs and professionals from all branches operating in that territory , who assured also joined the proposal to develop a tourist hotel compatible with nature and the environment.
The entrepreneur Justin Mella said that tourism and government environmental authorities should provide all necessary facilities to the company represented by Mr. Gordon Ganon , so that it can fully develop the eco tourism project, because it would be the biggest and largest investment of its kind ever recorded around the coastline.
Mr. Gordon Ganon said that this complex is proposed to create over 300 temporary jobs , 125 permanent jobs and create a comprehensive system of community facilities including the adequacy of access roads to the site without privatizing them. The proposed co tourism project is to run at the mouth of the river Y?sica includes the construction of a community park , with more than 10 thousand square meters, Restaurants, parking lots, Bar area , BBQ and a pedestrian walkway to the mouth of the river. Finally, Mr Ganon said the Eco ? Village of La Boca Y?sica , project will be a low density project , since only about 6 villas consisting of two levels each in an area of ​​620 thousand square meters , not including beach areas and mangroves to be jealously guarded and protected , anticipating that under no circumstances be touched mangroves and other surrounding vegetation.

Source: Puerto Plata Digital[/QUO

Please let us know when the next meeting is with Mr.Ganon.

visitante

Jun 5, 2010
Oh I doubt Mr. Gannon will be having any public meetings now that folks know what he has been up to. He did hire a local "journalist" Junior Henriquez to be his PR person to try and keep the original bogus story line alive (as in above article) and now refers questions from real journalists to Junior.

May 29, 2006
Mangroves are an important part of coastal Ecology. They act as a biofilter to prevent too many nutrients from reaching the reefs and are important as nursery for many kinds of fish. When too many nutrients get to the reef, they get taken over by algae and the corals die.