Buying a Shotgun with Temporary Residence?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Hi all,

I've thought I have seen something regarding this but can't find it anymore...

Question:

Can I legally purchase a shotgun with my TR or do I need the permanent residence to do that?

Thx
Michael

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
We have temporary residency and had no problem legally purchasing a shotgun. Lotsa hoops to gothru,- like our cedula was not yet entered into the system so we had to go and pay for a document to say that we had a cedula. Lotsa running around but in the end we had a legal shotgun with a temporary residency.
Don't know where SKY got the info that you had to have a permanent residency.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
You need permanent Residency to purchase any firearms.
Bullsh#t. I bought my first gun next week after I got my temporary residency. The only difference is that for the first year the license status will be temporary too, but it's just a difference in the code on the plastic. Another rule is that if you leave the country during that first year, you must leave your gun at the MIP special storage, but that rule is not enforced at all. Actually, even permanent license holders must leave the gun at the MIP special storage before going outside the country, according to the Ley 36, but once again, this rule was never enforced.

karnes

Sep 26, 2013
Just buy a illegal its cheaper and easier. Once you get your permament buy the legal one... you always need both in this country in case you have to use it you can plant the illegal on the criminal...