Auto Painting & Repair

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Does anyone have an idea of the approximate cost to get a Toyota Corolla repainted the same color? I also have minor body work to be done but an estimate for just painting would help. Thanks!

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
30K to 40K pesos is what I've been asked, for a well done job. I'm sure you can find someone cheaper but the job won't be as good or durable.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
some will disagree with me but i believe that you need to use good paint here: humidity, sun, salt from the ocean, all of this damages the car. if you want i can take you to a guy close to costambar who does this kind of jobs. he is currently doing a car of another dr1er. el rubio will do the body work (scratches, bumps and do on) as well as the paint.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
You do not want a $1000 paint job in the US unless u are talking about a $2500 car. To replace a $300 hood in the US is easily a $1300 or more job. If u want it done right that is. If u want a maaco job where they paint ur tires and the trim, no problem.

Again here the most important issue for you. Is good clear coat with good uv inhibitors.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Unless the car is less that 6 or 7 years old, and depending on it's condition, a 12,000 peso job may be in order.
No need to get a full "Face Lift", when a little "Filler" will do the job.
Cars here get pretty beat up in a short time.
AND, no SALT on the roads makes a great paint job un necessary.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

FredBlogs

Jun 18, 2009
The real answer here is no-one really knows. I recently took a Mazda saloon for an estimate for a full body respray to a back street place in Puerto Plata, 20,000 pesos. To a reputable establishment in the same town for the same job 75,000 pesos.

You need to find a decent place where you are and take the vehicle in and ask for a firm price.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
take your car to Arturo, the street right behind Caribe tours in pop ,he does high quality work , not the cheapest but he's the best around .

Does anyone have an idea of the approximate cost to get a Toyota Corolla repainted the same color? I also have minor body work to be done but an estimate for just painting would help. Thanks!

I am getting my Toyota Corolla fixed and painted the same color at the place Dv8 is talking about. If you can wait a few weeks I can show you before and after pics and tell you the exact price.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Absolutely bang on. Arturo cannot be equaled on the North Coast.

i know the man, works with insurances. did our montero maybe 4 years ago. miesposo drove into a car in front of him. insurance paid some big money for it. he dod good job on replacing parts and body work. i would not use him if i had to pay out of my own pockets, thou :( this is why we work with rubio. inexpensive and decent. honest gut and hard worker too.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Arturo is a personal friend and I have always had quality performance from his shop at very decent money. My experience of European body shops is that they are unbelievably expensive eg in Ireland the labour rate charged out to customers is 75 euros per hour.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Pablo in Nagua is very good.

Might be too far for you......... might save you some money
As you enter Nagua from Sos/Cab. turn right at the ISLA..... just up on your right is his shop, 1 block