Getting things back to .com not .do?

cheerio

Jan 23, 2014
I am obviously not that tech savvy...I have lived here for about 3 weeks and my computer had a meltdown and when it restarted, everything keeps going to .do addresses automatically instead of the .com I put in. Also- my netflix and everything is now in Spanish. Is there a way to change this? And if so, can you please help a girl out?
Thanks@

Castle

Silver
Sep 1, 2012
Web pages usually redirect you to their local version/language according to your IP address the first time you visit them. Most of them will give the option to change this, Google.com for example. Check if their is any "customize" or "settings" link.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Win 7? This is happening with Internet Explorer?

If yes try this for starters. Check your settings. English and USA, are they selected?

To change the country or region setting

1. Open Region and Language by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Region and Language.

2.Click the Location tab, select your location from the list, and then click OK.

3.Also check language setting.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Web pages usually redirect you to their local version/language according to your IP address the first time you visit them. Most of them will give the option to change this, Google.com for example. Check if their is any "customize" or "settings" link.

yes there is on the google home page. this same problem happened to me a few months ago and I do believe that is how I finally got to tweak it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have similar issues from time to time.... installed Chrome here in RD -- all Spanish....... redid it in Canada, Google.ca..... just checked my settings as abve and get USA/English.

Computer still spits out google.ca and lots of Spanish

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I have similar issues from time to time.... installed Chrome here in RD -- all Spanish....... redid it in Canada, Google.ca..... just checked my settings as abve and get USA/English.

Computer still spits out google.ca and lots of Spanish
I don't use Chrome but IE. You will probably have to spend some time in Chrome to change your settings. If Chrome has a tools icon I would try looking there first. When it first happened to me in IE I searched and hunted. Finally found it and it was one of those fixes you still wonder what exactly was it you did.

Sometimes I try searching my question using the search box. A few results will pop up but once again you still have to do a little digging.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If yes try this for starters. Check your settings. English and USA, are they selected?

To change the country or region setting

1. Open Region and Language by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Region and Language.

2.Click the Location tab, select your location from the list, and then click OK.

3.Also check language setting.

I have my location as the United States and language is English.

Seacreature

Jul 27, 2013
www.dynagirlonline.com
Not sure about Netflix, but you can make sites like Google stop sending you to the DR version, or the Egyptian version, or any other version really, by telling it in your hyperlink not to redirect. To do this with google, simply change your bookmark to read 'www.google.com/ncr' and it'll stop all that madness. There's a workaround for the Netflix as well, someone posted it here a couple months back, but I couldn't tell you who or where to find it. Maybe try searching the forum with netflix?