taxi at 4 in the morning?

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
For my next trip I will be arriving at SDQ around 3 am and plan to head to Juan Dolio for 2 days before going to Santo Domingo. What I would like to know are there plenty of taxis available at this time? What fare should I expect for the trip to Juan Dolio?

D.Rep

Jan 6, 2011
There are always at that time taxis in fron of the exit (turn left at the exit).
For the fare I do not have any Information.

dropshort

May 18, 2008
On one occassion I have landed at 3 AM.
It was a Spiritair flight. There were 4 passengers and I was the only tourist.
The fair at that time was $800RD. I had a $1000RD note.
The driver said he did not have any change. Who said anything about change?

dropshort

May 18, 2008
On one occassion I have landed SDQ at 3 AM.
It was a Spiritair flight. There were 4 passengers and I was the only tourist.
The fair at that time was $800RD. I had a $1000RD note.
The driver said he did not have any change. Who said anything about change?

DS

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
For my next trip I will be arriving at SDQ around 3 am and plan to head to Juan Dolio for 2 days before going to Santo Domingo. What I would like to know are there plenty of taxis available at this time? What fare should I expect for the trip to Juan Dolio?

At that time of the morning just be sure you get into an official taxi. Nothing good happens at that hour. Also wherever you are staying make sure you notify them that you will be arriving at that hour.

LTSteve

SANTIAGO ONE

Oct 20, 2013
At that time of the morning just be sure you get into an official taxi. Nothing good happens at that hour. Also wherever you are staying make sure you notify them that you will be arriving at that hour.

LTSteve
That's a dangerous time to be getting into SDQ, even the locals flying in wait until the sun comes up before getting on the road, whether it's in a taxi or private car.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
It has been quite some time since PJT has used the services at SDQ. However, if the taxistas operate there same as in Punta Cana there should be a signboard with the taxi tariffs available nearby the arrival terminal exit. It would post fares by destination from the airport. Please note: It is not unusual to have a night surcharge and a surcharge for more than 4 passengers. The distance is about 35km at 25 min.

A guess of the fare would be about RD$ 3500 / 4000.

Regards,

PJT

Julia31

Jan 4, 2012
Thanks deepdiver..I was already considering booking something in advance. I know its a weird hour to arrive but its the only direct flight from Germany to Santo Domingo

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I have landed at SDQ at 3 AM several times, there are plenty of taxis (official) and unofficial. I arrange, in advance, for a Taxi (that I know) to pick me up.
Whether you land in Paris, NY or SDQ at 4 AM, you have to be careful (even more so as a woman and if the place is unknown to you).

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Why not just wait in the airport until morning? It is safe, there are several restaurants open all night.

As a woman, I wouldn't feel comfortable sitting alone in a airport in the middle of the night (not like SDQ is a hub), because you simply look lost/afraid.
Prearranging her transfer is simpler or even changing her flight to a later one (might as well if you gonna loose 4 hours sitting in an overpriced mediocre restaurant).

Chicagoan

May 27, 2011
As a woman, I wouldn't feel comfortable sitting alone in a airport in the middle of the night (not like SDQ is a hub), because you simply look lost/afraid.
Prearranging her transfer is simpler or even changing her flight to a later one (might as well if you gonna loose 4 hours sitting in an overpriced mediocre restaurant).

As a woman, I don't think I would feel comfortable in any public place alone at 4:00 a.m.