Ideas for a day in Punta Cana

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I have a couple of ideas but would like to hear some of the things to see and do in Punta Cana.

Thanks guys and gals :)

RGLRM

Jun 25, 2013
If you like surfing or stand up paddleboarding the beach at Macao is great.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
I've done that for almost a month now so I'm well rested. :)

I have a friend coming to visit who is 20 years younger and she needs more action than I do ;)

haha... I thought the 3 "r's" were short for RUM!!! (I guess you can see where MY thoughts lay. LOL)

In july we had a pack of "youngsters" with us.. mid 20's to early 30's... they had a great time at Onno's spelling? near the Captain Cook area. that was the night life part. You can do the typical tourist things... or something different like that eco park Chiri pointed out. As for me... give me a beach, a chair, a beer... or something else... and I'm a happy geezer. LOL

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There are several 'museums' with displays of amber and larimar, cigars, information about the process, etc. Ultimately they are glorified souvenir shops but the chocolate one is supposed to be good.
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic - ChocoMuseo - Chocolate for the world

Nearby is the sand sculpture exhibition and a "Taino museum" but I suspect they are little more than tourist traps.

Other natural attractions as well as the Ojos Ind?genas:
Laguna de B?varo (near Cabeza de Toro)
Hoyo Azul (Cap Cana)
Cabo Enga?o - the country's easternmost point

Excursions - Boat Fiesta, Buccaneers, Dolphin Explorer, Dr Fish Ocean Spa.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Is there anywhere in that area where they make Larimar Jewelry or sell the stone?