Good place for Paella at Lunch in Cab/Sosua

My wife wanted to go to Sosua Ocean Village for Paella tomorrow with a friend and knew she had to make reservations a day ahead, so she did that early today. They just called and said she needs to pay for it tonight, since it's 9pm and she won't be riding her moto or ATV 30 minutes to do this she asked me to ask Dr1 if anyone knows of a good place in either Cabarete or Sosua they can go tomorrow for Paella for lunch.

It would have been nice if they mentioned this info about paying before the 2 other times she talked to them...lol

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
There are two things I will not "pre-pay" for in RD, and Paella is one of them, tell them to stick it.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
No idea if they serve lunch, or are even open, but I remember Gaudi in Sosua made some very impressive looking Paella.
They are in that little plaza to the left of EPS in Sosua.

canadandy

Apr 17, 2008
Sorry I know Las Galeras in Samana is far from Sosua but it is worth mentioning El Cabito. Seaside restaurant that served us the best seafood paella ever for 750 pesos each. It was awesome. Had Crab,lobster,mussels, scallops, the best. The view incredible. El Cabito

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Sorry I know Las Galeras in Samana is far from Sosua but it is worth mentioning El Cabito. Seaside restaurant that served us the best seafood paella ever for 750 pesos each. It was awesome. Had Crab,lobster,mussels, scallops, the best. The view incredible. El Cabito

Damn, i want to go there. Maybe if it clears up this morning i will go.

Thanks for the info.

Frank

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Vinyasa,
Where is Casa Mami ?

Harley, if you dont have to go to Sosua, try Meganti beach - Los Gringo's does a great paella.

Olly and the Team

agw

Feb 14, 2010
Casa Mami's is on the east side of Cabarete right near the police station (I think). Other side of the road from the ocean. It's a little open sided palm roofed place. We had great food when we were there last year. Had two dinners and one lunch there.

The Owner - we ate part of that fish!

The menu - lunch one I think.

ETA; We had Paella for dinner there one night and fish the first night. They have those Items on paper menus - if I remember correctly. The Cuba Libra's were flowing freely!

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Casa Mami does take away too, neighbors use them for parties.

Last edited:

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
The Cabarete police station is gone now..flattened. Zombie Apocalypse overran it and destroyed it.

Casi Mami is now next to an empty lot.

Frank

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
My wife wanted to go to Sosua Ocean Village for Paella tomorrow with a friend and knew she had to make reservations a day ahead, so she did that early today. They just called and said she needs to pay for it tonight, since it's 9pm and she won't be riding her moto or ATV 30 minutes to do this she asked me to ask Dr1 if anyone knows of a good place in either Cabarete or Sosua they can go tomorrow for Paella for lunch.

It would have been nice if they mentioned this info about paying before the 2 other times she talked to them...lol

Usually they just add some items on your check that you never had to rob you. I guess now they want to collect in advance. Bunch of thieves there. If Interpol shows up there will be no one there. All back to Russia.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Paella is not "odd" food, it is ambrosia!

How_to_eat_paella_-seafood.jpg