Need a car starter rebuilt

gray

Apr 11, 2013
hey Folks

Looking for a quality automotive alt/starter rebuild shop in the capital
someone you have confidence in, or may have used in the past.

i have a 2000 Peugeot 406
starter Valeo D6RA 661

any info would help thanks

Gray

gray

Apr 11, 2013
ok, maybe i added the word "quality" and now you guys are stumped! especially when that word really doesn't exist here.:p

Anybody have a used one, or where there may be a used one?

Gray

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Santiago or Sto Domingp... for sure, but you may need to hunt.

I had a terrible time finding lug nuts to fit my Wrangler - finally, at a dealer in STI....

The easy is hard, the hard is impossible and the impossible is easy...........

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Casa de motor arranque y alternador

PM me and I'll give you the owners telephone number if interested.

They are located in front of the Plaza de Salud.

gray

Apr 11, 2013
Yes Santo Domingo would be the best... the problem is i am 4 hrs west of SD close to Haiti so i am trying to do some legwork now before the trip to the capital running around looking for the elusive place with quality workmanship, LOL if that even exists.

the dealer has new but $20,000 RD is a little steep. so im looking for other options
my circle of friends is rather small here on this island, sooo why not look to broader more knowing network of trusty posters here on DR1

P.S.

I prayed last night that DR1 would come through for me! :nervous: lol

any help would be much appreciated

cndeh

Jul 23, 2012
Even if you find a quality rebuild shop the biggest problem is with them having the correct brushes and springs to do the rebuild job properly so your starter will last. Down here they tend to improvise with the just get it to work attitude instead of saying sorry I don't have the correct parts to do the job properly.

If you need the starter immediately then just take it to anyone and have them make it work. Order the correct rebuild kit for your vehicle and once it arrives take the starter back to the shop and have them install the correct pieces to help prolong it's usable life.

Depending on what is actually wrong you'll need one or two things but it's best to get both:

The Brush Kit

Valeo D6RA Series Starter Tuneup Kit BMW R Guzzi Part Val TK | eBay

The Solenoid

New Starter Solenoid 502326 D6RA85 D7R36 21023232 D6RA165 21023719 Ssva 948 | eBay

L8r,

gray

Apr 11, 2013
Even if you find a quality rebuild shop the biggest problem is with them having the correct brushes and springs to do the rebuild job properly so your starter will last. Down here they tend to improvise with the just get it to work attitude instead of saying sorry I don't have the correct parts to do the job properly.

If you need the starter immediately then just take it to anyone and have them make it work. Order the correct rebuild kit for your vehicle and once it arrives take the starter back to the shop and have them install the correct pieces to help prolong it's usable life.

Depending on what is actually wrong you'll need one or two things but it's best to get both:

The Brush Kit

Valeo D6RA Series Starter Tuneup Kit BMW R Guzzi Part Val TK | eBay

The Solenoid

New Starter Solenoid 502326 D6RA85 D7R36 21023232 D6RA165 21023719 Ssva 948 | eBay

L8r,

thanks so much for that info. thats exactly why i am a bit worried as i know as well they just make it work

well the story is..

yesterday i was doing a lot of starting and stopping, the stater was getting weaker and weaker so i assumed it was the battery but the night before i put the battery charger on so was fully charged. Got a boost but did nothing, then a puff of smoke. so just towed it home
so i am thinking the resistance in the starter was greater every time as it heated up. after towing home and 2 hr wait started up with no delay. so when it gets hot the resistance is more which causes heat which causes more resistance vicious cycle...
sooo starters on its way out. as long as i let it cool it hasn't been a problem yet

hope this info helps

so do you think a used one would be my best option, then when i go home to my birth country have it rebuilt?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Yes Santo Domingo would be the best... the problem is i am 4 hrs west of SD close to Haiti so i am trying to do some legwork now before the trip to the capital running around looking for the elusive place with quality workmanship, LOL if that even exists.

the dealer has new but $20,000 RD is a little steep. so im looking for other options
my circle of friends is rather small here on this island, sooo why not look to broader more knowing network of trusty posters here on DR1

P.S.

I prayed last night that DR1 would come through for me! :nervous: lol

any help would be much appreciated

since you are close to Haiti, why not check there. the place is crawling with Peugeots. France..Haiti..