Are Canadian Visas still being processed in Haiti

Fresa

Feb 3, 2014
I have been married for 7 months to a Dominican and have applied to bring my Dominican Husband to Canada.
CIC received the papers October 1/2013 and as of October 17/2013 I got confirmation that had been approved and that the processed with now continue and DR.
On November 21/2013 I received an AOR letter with confirmation that the process had been received on October 1/2013.
We have been checking online and nothing else has been updated still the same info that application had been received on October 1/2013 and also medical records.
I know that they say the process could take up to 13 months and I'm wondering if this is because the visas are still being processed in Haiti? Are they really taking this long??
I wanted to contact the Canadian Embassy in DR to ask for updates on my application but also afraid that they will delay even more because of my contact.

Please any light???

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
They process the application in Santo Domingo, the Embassy and immigration moved from Haiti after the earthquake.
As far a time goes, it hasn't been 4 months yet, and it could take up to 18 months. You just have to keep your pants on........

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Check on www.dominicanrepublic.gc.ca for the visa application center info. They probably wont be able to give you an answer over the phone but they might be able to point you in the right direction.

Sent from my GT-I9195L using Tapatalk

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It will probably take close to the 12 month period depending on their load. Be prepared to fork out money for medical and perhaps a second medical. He does the medical in Santo Domingo and the medical information is sent to Trinidad for assessment.

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
I had mine and my family PR visas processed recently by the Santo Domingo embassy. It took 9 months and that was the time, Canadian embassy staff all over the world were on strike.

You will not hear anything until you are asked to do medical test. And you should leave another 30 days for every update. There are some exclusive forums on canadian visa and you can follow that to keep you updated with the latest information.