HGTV Beachfront Bargain Hunt

Takenforgranite

Feb 1, 2014
Congratulations. I've always wondered do you get some kind of renumeration for that? Not that I want to know how much, mindyou- Or is it just the exposure for your listing?

tmob12000

May 28, 2013
Cool

We have been asked for our house to be on the show Beachfront Bargain Hunt on HGTV, a Canadian house hunting type show.

They will film in and around Cabarete area in Early March.

Always good to see more shows filming real estate stuff in DR and the NC!!!

They asked us to do the show but we couldn't get down there till April! We will be there in February for 5 days.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
We have been asked for our house to be on the show Beachfront Bargain Hunt on HGTV, a Canadian house hunting type show.

How much are you asking for it?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The couple already has bought their place in Cabarete somewhere, they are just pretending for the show to be interested in other properties as well.

That is how it always is. I know a realtor here who was on one of those shows. The clients he was trying to sell a house had already bought a house from him.

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
Couldn't agree more with Harley on this one. It is great PR for the North Coast, and the DR overall, anytime the DR is featured in one of these types of programs. I think there are 7 to 10 episodes featuring the DR on the show House Hunters International. All of them show the DR in a very positive light. I can tell you that these episodes did influence my decision to come to the DR. ( its wasnt the primary reason, but is sure helped ). More exposure = more tourist / expats = more $$ for the DR.

Congrats Harley. Good luck with the filming. . If you become famous, please remember all the "little people" here on DR1

May 29, 2006
They've done a couple HGTV shows in the DR. It would be nice if they spent a little more time showing off why the people are moving to the DR. Saw one show where they were renovating a house and the cost of power tools in the DR was insane.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

i feel famous by association. congrats, Harley.

Rep Dom

Bronze
Dec 27, 2011
Well, I worked for television programs in Europe. And I watched a real estate hunting crap a while ago on TV. Dont remember if it was on HGTV though. But my first thought was it s fake, totally unrealistic and stupid. Now what Harley says just confirms...
So IMHO, that kind of programs is certainly not advertising the DR and its real estate market. The fake is so obvious that is end up as a turn off. And it only emphasizes bad impressions...

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Congratulations, I am sure you will have a lot of fun and some stories to tell us.

There is no such thing as a reality show unless its a candid camera type show. Most reality shows are torture to watch, but the general population are morons. Between the "reality," "judge," and Jerry Springer type shows there is a normalization of abnormal behaviour, as well as making people narcissistic.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Well, I worked for television programs in Europe. And I watched a real estate hunting crap a while ago on TV. Dont remember if it was on HGTV though. But my first thought was it s fake, totally unrealistic and stupid. Now what Harley says just confirms...
So IMHO, that kind of programs is certainly not advertising the DR and its real estate market. The fake is so obvious that is end up as a turn off. And it only emphasizes bad impressions...

While I agree with what you say, but also keep in mind that there are many people who are gullible and love such programs.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011

Congrats! That's exciting!
I almost did House Hunters International with Leopold production but the Mrs could get time off of work and they wanted a couple.

drescape24

RubyDiamond

Jan 8, 2013
So you will be searching for a house you found a year ago ? I hope you make the right decision which to buy

Camden Tom

Bronze
Dec 1, 2002
The last house I owned in the DR was featured on House Hunters. It was really fun to see it on tv.

In Canada House Hunters, HHI and shows like this are VERY popular, almost all my friends watch it . I love watching these shows to see what is out there for real estate and to see mansions in the US for 200,000 when you couldn't even get a bachelor apartment where I am from for the same price, it is a real eye opener for real estate for the non real estate savvy people.

Gotta disagree with you about it not being advertisement, my realtor here was on HHI and got many hits and calls about some of the properties that were seen on the show. Do you know how many people dream about living on a tropical island from where I am from? A LOT and these shows make it seem possible or the best life....

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Good stuff Harley....
I guess you'd better start cleaning the joint up. (haha).
Just kidding. (not really)
;)