canadian resident found dead in cabarete

valeri

Feb 3, 2014
yes, i know...

ENCUENTRAN EN ESTADO DE DESCOMPOSICI?N EL CUERPO DE UN RESIDENTE CANADIENSE EN CABARETE

he was found in a state of advanced decomposition. the cause of death was described as a septic shock. no violence involved.

anyone knew him?
Listen! Let`s post some positive nice things! At least one week without reports of killed, raped or robbed expats and tourist please! Just one week! No body is interested to read about crime in DR. Discussing beautiful Dominican beaches will be much healthier!!

Oh poor man!! Listen! Let`s post some positive nice things! At least one week without reports of killed, raped or robbed expats and tourist please! Just one week! No body is interested to read about crime in DR. Discussing beautiful Dominican beaches will be much healthier!!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Oh poor man!! Listen! Let`s post some positive nice things! At least one week without reports of killed, raped or robbed expats and tourist please! Just one week! No body is interested to read about crime in DR. Discussing beautiful Dominican beaches will be much healthier!!

Everyone who is interested in self preservation should be interested in the murder and robberies here. To ignore it is a sure way of becomming a victim yourself.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005

We need to hear about it. It is in our best interest to understand the realities that surround us. Whether it is health related issues or issues of violence. We need to know, we need to know how to protect ourselves. We cannot hide our heads in the sand, even if it is for only one week.

Yes, good stories are nice...love to hear them but we need the raw truth also.

I went to the beach today, it was lovely. The sun was shining and it was warm. The beers were cold.

RIP John.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011

Valeri,

Here is some good news:

Text from daughter to mom:
"Hello mom, I need your advice. I have some of my boyfriend's cum stuck in my hair. How do I get it out? Will I have to cut it out?"

Text from mom to daughter:
"It?s nice you can send me such a frank text. No, you won't have to cut it out. I've had loads of cum in my hair over the years and it will just wash out."

Daughter back to mom:
"Oh my God, mom.......... sorry, I meant to spell gum."

valeri

Feb 3, 2014
Not ANY information does good! Because of such "stories" a lot of good people cannot unload their unwise RE investments and leave the island. Not for every1 life is nice in DR. So let us be considerate and compassionate. There should be some healthy balance between crime violent news and healthy stimulating reports.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Not ANY information does good! Because of such "stories" a lot of good people cannot unload their unwise RE investments and leave the island. Not for every1 life is nice in DR. So let us be considerate and compassionate. There should be some healthy balance between crime violent news and healthy stimulating reports.

And why do they want to unload and leave....because of these stories? So you are saying, lets hide the dirt so some poor sucker can buy a property that someone who wants to leave because of these ugly stories? What about the person who buys and did not know the truths of the island...good and bad?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009

Sounds like you're more interested in looking after your own interests rather anything else. I know many with your exact concerns, unfortunately.

valeri

Feb 3, 2014
And why do they want to unload and leave....because of these stories? So you are saying, lets hide the dirt so some poor sucker can buy a property that someone who wants to leave because of these ugly stories? What about the person who buys and did not know the truths of the island...good and bad?

I did not mean THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

valeri

Feb 3, 2014
Sounds like you're more interested in looking after your own interests rather anything else. I know many with your exact concerns, unfortunately.

Those who did some time ago make their wrong decisions already paid their dues. They deserve better.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I did not mean THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK but you understand that part of the reason for the existence of a board like this is to keep people informed of the goings on in our little corner of paradise? The bad thing are more important to understand than the good things. The good things are apparent and are why most people come here in the first place. But, if you are going to make and informed decision on whether this is the place where you want to place your roots...you need to understand the perils also, all of them.

Maybe, if the people who want to sell and leave had the information that is presented on this board...maybe they would not have made the decision in the first place and would not be in the position they are in now. Information is power.

valeri

Feb 3, 2014

Maybe if not a crime hysteria like this all those recently murdered foreigners could have sold their properties and return to their respective countries being sound and alive now. Mega negative reports like this one are not good for our economy and revenues. Including yours personally. Many readers read this public forum and may be mistaken to think that Dominican Republic is not a very safe place and invest elsewhere.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Maybe if not a crime hysteria like this all those recently murdered foreigners could have sold their properties and return to their respective countries being sound and alive now. Mega negative reports like this one are not good for our economy and revenues. Including yours personally. Many readers read this public forum and may be mistaken to think that Dominican Republic is not a very safe place and invest elsewhere.

I can see, you are set in your mind, with the attitude of...hide the bad, advertise the good...so we can get out of this place with the money we put in. Screw all the suckers that know nothing of the serious issue that exist here.

I personally am glad I have this board. I already knew there were beautiful beaches here, sunny sky's and warm breezes. I knew it was a great place for a vacation...a really great place. But this board was one of the resources I used to understand the reality of living here...the pitfalls, the crime, the scams...I added those things to the positives I read and what I already knew...and made an informed decision on whether this was the place for me. I thank everyone here for the bad stories...and the good ones....they helped me immensely. I knew what I was getting into. I would hope anyone coming to live here or especially purchasing property, would do due diligence and find out what the country is about. It would be the prudent thing to do.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
mistaken to think?

Mega negative reports like this one are not good for our economy and revenues. Including yours personally. Many readers read this public forum and may be mistaken to think that Dominican Republic is not a very safe place and invest elsewhere.

So you want to lie to the peole and want them to risk their life just because you want to make profit?

D.R. is NOT a VERY SAFE place.
Crime is high and going to get higher.
People are killed for nothing today all over the island.

There are many cases of violent crime with foreigners as victims that does not make it in this forum.
For example, last year a real-estate guy was axed in his back in Sosua El Batey when opening his appartment in early evening in a "safe" area.
Read about the strike of taxi drivers for reason that so many drivers are robbed. Many dominican motoconchos got killed to steal their bike etc.
Everyone is afraid in all cities.

Tell the people the naked truth and do not sell them a property lying to them about the security problem.

BTW, I do not know about real-estate 'investments', only about 'sinking' and laundring money.
Investment is about to get back something in the future, have not heard about real success stories.

Sorry for those who did not sell until today, because the truth is out now and there and no more secret.
This paradise is finished, for reason for uncontrolled construction, crime, pollution etc.

But still is a great place to have fun with a return ticket.

Alexander

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
So you want to lie to the peole and want them to risk their life just because you want to make profit?

D.R. is NOT a VERY SAFE place.
Crime is high and going to get higher.
People are killed for nothing today all over the island.

There are many cases of violent crime with foreigners as victims that does not make it in this forum.
For example, last year a real-estate guy was axed in his back in Sosua El Batey when opening his appartment in early evening in a "safe" area.
Read about the strike of taxi drivers for reason that so many drivers are robbed. Many dominican motoconchos got killed to steal their bike etc.
Everyone is afraid in all cities.

Tell the people the naked truth and do not sell them a property lying to them about the security problem.

BTW, I do not know about real-estate 'investments', only about 'sinking' and laundring money.
Investment is about to get back something in the future, have not heard about real success stories.

Sorry for those who did not sell until today, because the truth is out now and there and no more secret.
This paradise is finished, for reason for uncontrolled construction, crime, pollution etc.

But still is a great place to have fun with a return ticket.

Alexander

sorta like the desperate efforts to get the working girls out of Sosua, so the real estate investments of the suckers who came to boomtown in the 2004- 2008 years (or thereabouts) will not evaporate into the evening air.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

To put it simply knowledge is power. Putting your head in the sand is for ostriches.

My condolences on the dead man who died from an infection.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012

Find some good news and post it. We are waiting with bated breath.

Mack

Jan 10, 2009
dv8, Thanks for posting this. My daughter owns at this complex.
There's a certain charm to the notion of blissful ignorance, but I always prefer to be informed.
Mack.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i posted this story for a reason. many members of this board are in DR alone. and unfortunately, it sucks. i'm not saying to look for a better (or worse) half to live with. i am saying it is good to establish relationships with others so that your absence is noticed, so that someone goes to check on you. if this man died from septic shock, or infection, he could have been saved, maybe, if found early.