updated info for Bus from Uvero Alto to Playa Macao and Playa Coretico

Kellieh

Feb 6, 2014
Hello everyone, Ive found a post somewhere that explains the route from Barvaro to Alto Uvero but it's a little vague and I want to do the reverse of that. Could some one confirm the following information and if possible add more detail. After reading the post about fitting in and getting hassled less, I would like to be more confident with my travel plans and options before I attempt it. My understanding is that there is a bus(heading to Higuey) that stops just outside of the Sirenis Resort. I would like to go to Playa Macao, Coretico, Bavaro and points south. Based on the web it appears that I have to get off at Entrada de Uvero Alto , get on another bus (coming from Higuey) headed to Bavaro. Is this correct? If so where exactly is the bus stop or do I just flag it down on the roadside. It would also be worth knowing if there is a aprox timetable for this stop. I'm assuming this bus will continue to Playa Coretico and then Bavaro from there Also if I wanted to visit Macao Beach , can I get off the bus(Higuey-Bavaro) at Cruce de Macao and then walk to the beach from there? It looks like a do-able walk I would appreciate information from anyone who has experience with this route or has conflicting info or extra info. Do the resort workers use this bus to get to the same points as well or does the resort provide special buses for them (like in Cuba). I do speak a passable spanish. Thanks in advance. Kellie