Searching For My Biological Father!

looking4dad

Feb 6, 2014
Hello I am searching for my biological father. I was born in 1975 in the Dominican Republic in the hospital Dario Contreras. My mother's name was Divina Amparo Frias; she was 18 years old when she gave birth to me. She left to the United States shortly after I was born. I was told that my father tried to see me but she refused. So I am hoping that he is searching for me just as I am searching for him. According to many that saw him, he is tall Caucasian man with blond hair and blue/green eyes. Anyone one that may have any information, please contact me or can give me any idea or guide me on how to find him. I really appreciate it. Thanks. Yecenia.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
You might contact a lawyer here in the DR who can search your birth records.
Do you have contact with your birth mother?
Can she provide your father's name?
It is the father who records the birth, not the mother, as mothers would make whoever they chose as the father.
If your father didn't record himself as your father your search will be more difficult.
Best of luck!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Apr 13, 2011
CCCCC is very much correct on this one. The DR1 forum is not going to be able to help much - even if your father happens to be a member - there is not enough info. You need to see if he is listed on your birth records - at least that way you will have a name. If he is not listed on your birth records, then you need to get more information from your mother in order to be able to investigate further.

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Just heard a lot of stories where kids were trying to find mother/father who didnt bother to really find them the whole time, finally kid finds the parent only to see that the person doesn't want to know them, doesnt care, is an alcoholic or even worse. Usually kids have high expectations imagining how their parent will bust in tears and embrace the lost child... And often that doesnt happen. So id save myself from a disappointment. I have my father and know where he is but he has 4 more kids with other woman and doesn't really care about me. I had him here with me in DR for a year hoping to establish closer relationships we barely even spoke and he said he doesnt want to stay here and wants to return to his other family. Seriously he had a life time without you in his life, you are strangers basically. And there was a good damn reason why your mother did not want to see your dad and left his ass long time ago. I took my child away from her daddy. I know when she grows up she will want to find him but id like to save her from that heartache... I know if i didnt see my father and found him now i would be seriously disappointed.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Just heard a lot of stories where kids were trying to find mother/father who didnt bother to really find them the whole time, finally kid finds the parent only to see that the person doesn't want to know them, doesnt care, is an alcoholic or even worse. Usually kids have high expectations imagining how their parent will bust in tears and embrace the lost child... And often that doesnt happen. So id save myself from a disappointment. I have my father and know where he is but he has 4 more kids with other woman and doesn't really care about me. I had him here with me in DR for a year hoping to establish closer relationships we barely even spoke and he said he doesnt want to stay here and wants to return to his other family. Seriously he had a life time without you in his life, you are strangers basically. And there was a good damn reason why your mother did not want to see your dad and left his ass long time ago. I took my child away from her daddy. I know when she grows up she will want to find him but id like to save her from that heartache... I know if i didnt see my father and found him now i would be seriously disappointed.

You are projecting. It may be a huge disappointment and it is most of the time, but it is for her to decide. Your experience is your own and she/he may need to live his/hers.

Good luck to the OP !

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Birth records are definitely the place to start. I can't imagine the OP hasn't secured a copy of their birth certificate.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I took my child away from her daddy. I know when she grows up she will want to find him but id like to save her from that heartache... I know if i didnt see my father and found him now i would be seriously disappointed.

Have you met "Dark Scorpion"? The two of you have a great deal in common and have the potential to raise an entire new crop of serial killers together.

deepdiver

Jun 18, 2011
The first place to try is www. DominicanCertificates.com they have the contacts to find the birth certificate and go from there

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
According to many that saw him, he is tall Caucasian man with blond hair and blue/green eyes. Anyone one that may have any information,

Actually I saw a guy looked a lot like that yesterday in Palyero
Der Fish

ahahahahahaha, could have swore i saw him todo in el conde.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013

btchs like you should be slapped HARD in the face THINKING you're some kind of hero!

so what yo baby daddy ain't shhh towards you? so what yo daddy ain't shhh towards you?

give the child a CHANCE to know her dad without you being all bitter and whatever!

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
The void of not knowing can consume people for a life time. Finding out something that isn't what they expected can be dealt with. Some call it closure.

And there was a good damn reason why your mother did not want to see your dad and left his ass long time ago

In 1975 being unmarried in the Catholic Dominican Republic and pregnant may have been enough reason for the mother to do what she did.

I wish the OP luck. Posting here is a needle in a haystack, but I'm sure she's doing other things as well. It's possible that with more details she can find what she is looking for.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If her father didn't make an official declaration of the birth with the government, she doesn't exist!
At that time everything was recorded by hand in "Big Books" which will be difficult, if not impossible to find.
Family history from DR relatives might help.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
If her father didn't make an official declaration of the birth with the government, she doesn't exist!
At that time everything was recorded by hand in "Big Books" which will be difficult, if not impossible to find.
Family history from DR relatives might help.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Not true. There are many, any children registered by the mother, even 30-40 years ago. I've seen numerous birth certificates as such. However you are correct her Dominican relatives or their neighbours would be the best source. If we don't know a family connection we ask our maid, she either knows or will find out.