You love her
But she loves him
And he loves somebody else
You just can't win

And so it goes
Till the day you die
This thing they call love
It's gonna make you cry

Dominican women get put in-between a rock and a hard place. Once they start having children with a man, they are pretty much "locked" into the relationship with him because they are now dependent on that man for income and emotional support.

Here, in this country, there is no government help--no maternity leave, no vacation pay (not worth mentioning anyway), no recourse if the father has no money--in which case the Dominican government does not pick up the financial slack (like in other western countries), no financial help for child's needs, no universal medical insurance for children, no monthly stipend to help with diapers, clothes, daycare, etc..the list is really endless. The mother therefore is left with few choices or no other choice but to rely on the father of her baby, or her family for support.

This is not pleasant situation to be in.

Now contrast that with say, Scandinavia. In Scandinavia, a mother has many choices, many options. If the father leaves, the government garnishes his wages every month, if he has no wages to garnish, they will pick up the slack and supply a monthly stipend for each child. Also, the child's education is free, and all medical costs are covered for everyone. The mother also gets her first two years of motherhood with full pay. If she has not worked steadily, she qualifies for welfare, an apartment, and a few other things. But, basically, the mother does not need to tolerate a cheating man, or an abusive man, or a Sanky.

Hands down, this is the optimum situation for any women to be in, and hence, this is why a Scandinavian has many more choices and options that are available for women, especially when compared to her Dominican sister.

Think about this for a second. A Dominican, South American, African, and Asian woman is stuck in servitude to her man. If he leaves, she is in a really bad spot--both financially and emotionally. She has the children, and with that comes the immense responsibilities. If she lacks an education or something commonly referred to as a job, the stress is tenfold. This puts so much strain, so much stress, and so much burden on the woman and the children. This is why a nuclear family is so important in poor countries. They help stabilize the family. But this doesn't necessarily mean everything is great. Now she has to go out and look for a job and worry about someone molesting her children. Now, the stress is even greater. The girl's mother, father, grandparents uncles, aunts, and siblings are now depended on to fill the shoes of an absent father. Basically, they become the surrogate mother. When this is not available to a young mother, options become non-existent, choices become few, and many now have to turn to prostitution for survival.

Enter the prostitute on stage left.

I'm generalizing here, so don't start having a cow thinking that i'm suggesting this is the route for all poor women. It's not. We all know that. But, given the contrast between the two societies--Scandinavia vs Third world countries, and the two cultures and the two completely different systems, let's now turn to what sociologists have to say and the extrapolation that sociologists have observed in Norway. In Norway, there are few if any Norwegian prostitutes on the street. Instead, we have poor Nigerians and East Bloc girls: Euro crisis force prostitutes to Norway

It's a phenomenon. Although, there are situations where Norwegian drug addicts will do anything for money in order to purchase Heroin, but they are the exception to the rule. Not to worry, the Nigerians and East Bloc women have stepped in and filled the void in the market. They have children to feed back in Nigeria. They're poor like Dominicans and this is how they survive.

In conclusion, Dominican women are forced to stay in many bad relationships, with bad men, and with few options available to them. They have nothing, so many simply turn a blind eye if their man has sexual affairs, or has another family with another woman. They need to tolerate the hardships, tolerate the infidelity, because, let's face it, they have children to feed and cloth and send to school. The man in this country is often the sole provider--or at least 50% of the financial wealth of the household. The women need that 50% income in order to survive. One income is not enough to survive here in this country, hence, many households have several different people working and contributing. It's a nuclear family here for a reason.

However, if the system here was like that in Scandinavia, women would be so much more independent, so much more educated--and with so many more options and choices; the playing field would be level and better balanced, and hence, this in turn would make men and women more equal, more fair.

That's not a bad thing. Fairness is a trait that even monkey's recognize in the wild.

Frank

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
You hit it in a nutshell BUT an educated Dominican woman with a great career does have options. This is the exception.

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
True, but Scandinavia has a 70% tax rate on very good salaries. If you taxed the average Dominican salary at that rate I don't think you would have enough for a coffee in the morning.

Unfortunately the culture in the DR is not conducive for any other way of thought then already exists. Generally. There are some that want to progress, but the vast majority have simply come to terms that they are in the station they should be in. Children imitate their parents and their children will imitate them. So on and so on.

grumpy

Sep 22, 2013
Leromero, the difference is that in Scandinavia you can live with the 30% you've got left, while in third world countries it's not as easy to live even with 95% or your salary. Perspective, man, perspective.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
True, but Scandinavia has a 70% tax rate on very good salaries. If you taxed the average Dominican salary at that rate I don't think you would have enough for a coffee in the morning.

Unfortunately the culture in the DR is not conducive for any other way of thought then already exists. Generally. There are some that want to progress, but the vast majority have simply come to terms that they are in the station they should be in. Children imitate their parents and their children will imitate them. So on and so on.

Where and the hell did get that info? The highest you can be taxes in Norway--the richest country in Scandinavia--is 47%...but that's only if you make a lot of money. I pay 36%, and my boss--who is a millionaire--pays 42%. Not one of my friends or colleagues pays more then 36%.

https://www.nordisketax.net/main.asp?url=files/nor/eng/i07.asp

Where did you get that sum?

Frank

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Frank, you pointed out the differences between the both societies but there's also a difference in women.
European women are taught to use their brains where the Dominican woman is taught to use her popola.
When we men think with our dicks we also screw up. ;)

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
Comparing Dominican Republic to Norway.

If Norway were your home instead of Dominican Republic you would...

use 21.2 times more electricity
make 7.1 times more money
spend 11.9 times more money on health care
consume 3.9 times more oil
be 90.91% less likely to have HIV/AIDS
have 85.82% less chance of dying in infancy
have 78.81% more chance at being employed
have 50.75% less babies
experience 49.9% less of a class divide
live 6.09 years longer

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
The highest you can be taxed in Denmark is 48%. https://www.nordisketax.net/main.asp?url=files/dan/eng/i07.asp&c=dan&l=eng

But back to the DR women. The women here are stuck in-between a rock and hard place. They need a man to help them financially. They need financial help with raising their children. And they cannot depend on the Dominican government for anything. Some people will argue that if you give the women money and financial help for them and theirchildren, then they will be always begging for more "Free Cheese."

Really? No. It does not work like this. In Norway, Norwegians are not begging for "Free Cheese." They don't have to worry about their children growing up to be robbers, prostitutes, and thieves. When you provide the basics for women and children--take the financial burden and financial stress off their backs, then they no longer need to put themselves and their children into desperate situations.

I know, i know, some women will always be prostitutes. Some men will always be thieves. We know all this. But by providing just the basics--like maternity money for clothes, diapers, and food--as well as free day care, healthcare, and schooling--like the children receive in Scandinavia--then you are taking a lot of negative variables out of the equation.

Is it unrealistic? Absolutely. The government here will never do this. Too corrupt. But this is just to illustrate a point that women, when given the bare basics and essentials--where they do not have to rely on a man--can and will do good for themselves and their children. Scandinavia is the perfect example of this.

Frank

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
- 20 degrees F

brunhilde.jpg

+81 degrees F

zpe_2.jpg

Whatever, Dude.....

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
The highest you can be taxed in Denmark is 48%. https://www.nordisketax.net/main.asp?url=files/dan/eng/i07.asp&c=dan&l=eng

But back to the DR women. The women here are stuck in-between a rock and hard place. They need a man to help them financially. They need financial help with raising their children. And they cannot depend on the Dominican government for anything. Some people will argue that if you give the women money and financial help for them and theirchildren, then they will be always begging for more "Free Cheese."

Really? No. It does not work like this. In Norway, Norwegians are not begging for "Free Cheese." They don't have to worry about their children growing up to be robbers, prostitutes, and thieves. When you provide the basics for women and children--take the financial burden and financial stress off their backs, then they no longer need to put themselves and their children into desperate situations.

I know, i know, some women will always be prostitutes. Some men will always be thieves. We know all this. But by providing just the basics--like maternity money for clothes, diapers, and food--as well as free day care, healthcare, and schooling--like the children receive in Scandinavia--then you are taking a lot of negative variables out of the equation.

Is it unrealistic? Absolutely. The government here will never do this. Too corrupt. But this is just to illustrate a point that women, when given the bare basics and essentials--where they do not have to rely on a man--can and will do good for themselves and their children. Scandinavia is the perfect example of this.

Frank

Dominican women LOOK for a man to help them financially, that's also the reason this country is messed up!!!
This way of thinking is passed down from mother to her children. :ermm:

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
Where and the hell did get that info? The highest you can be taxes in Norway--the richest country in Scandinavia--is 47%...but that's only if you make a lot of money. I pay 36%, and my boss--who is a millionaire--pays 42%. Not one of my friends or colleagues pays more then 36%.

Frank

You are right. I was just exaggerating. Not far from the truth though. :)

bronzeallspice

Live everyday like it's your last
Mar 26, 2012
You hit it in a nutshell BUT an educated Dominican woman with a great career does have options. This is the exception.

And yet some decide to stay in the relationship and continue to put up with the husband's
philandering, go figure! When they can easily find someone else.

I'm talking about educated, career minded women.

All because she loves him and doesn't want him leaving her for the other woman.:tired:
Like as if he's such a great catch.:glasses:

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

i don't know about that. i have never yet met a dominican woman who would not want to breed. this is a subject number one in all the conversations between females here. money is different but mentality is the same. the focus of a life of a dominican woman is children. signs of intellectual life are nonexistent. and i have seen it among the rich and well educated women as well. they are entirely governed by their ovaries.

Jan 9, 2004

Frank

Scandanvia not being a country makes it hard to determine who is correct here.

But, the highest tax rates on income are in the Scandinavian countries.....with Sweden leading the pack at 56.6%.

Countries With the Highest Income Tax Rates

I remember the group ABBA making a very high profile exit from Sweden to England.....because of the taxes there.

Note that tax is on income only. Leromero may well be correct if he meant (I realize he said salaries) total taxes paid, i.e., VAT, gasoline. Then 70% is probably a slam dunk.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
i don't know about that. i have never yet met a dominican woman who would not want to breed. this is a subject number one in all the conversations between females here. money is different but mentality is the same. the focus of a life of a dominican woman is children. signs of intellectual life are nonexistent. and i have seen it among the rich and well educated women as well. they are entirely governed by their ovaries.
We have a handful of Dominican women friends who are childless by choice rather than circumstance - some are married, some are single, some are gay. They are rare but they do exist. Needless to say, they have to put up with a lot of crap.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Dominican women LOOK for a man to help them financially, that's also the reason this country is messed up!!!
This way of thinking is passed down from mother to her children. :ermm:

Both you and fRANK12 are correct, he exaggerates a little, I guess to make his point. We have a young girl at the school, in the 12/13 year old range that is physically mature and wants to start messing with boys , her mother has been trying everything she can to stop the interaction but the girl's answer- you did it mom, so who are you to talk. Are you calling me a mistake.
Not my place to offer advice but I'd put on birth Control and still try and reason with her.
We have clients that have some of their children going to Public school and other of their children going to various private school because one baby daddy is willing to pay to have junior better educated, or bilingual...etc and another doesn't pay anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.