Car rental from POP

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Seems there are plenty of rental companies at POP for cars, all the big names, Hertz, Avis, Sixt, Eurocar etc.

My question... How reliable is the service ?, do you get the car you ask for ?, are the cars in good working order ?. Have folks planning to drive to Samana/Las Galeras from POP... In the event of car trouble how would repair service be or how easy to get a replacement from one of these companies ?.

Thanks for any info & I wish everyone a good day !!
C

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I've had replacements sent to me when rental cars died - had it within an hour (sent from Hertz POP to Cabarete). Basically it comes down to the distance between you and the closest rental office, time of day or night and your ability to explain where you are. Can vouch for Herts and Avis, wouldn't touch Europcar, don't know the others. The cars are in good working order but you may not be able to get what you wanted if coming during busy season (e.g. Christmas, Semana Santa).

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Avis, OK-Motors

In the event of car trouble how would repair service be or how easy to get a replacement from one of these companies ?.
If this is most important to you only choice is one of the big players. Always had excellent experience with Avis in different countries. In POP they once replaced a flat tyre within 30 minutes. The big players will pick up a broken car and bring a replacement on the whole island and you will not risk to be scammed. Generally you get a better price online.
In Sosua had good experience with ok-motors.com

Alexander

Sunchamama

Feb 9, 2014
Ok-motors is the BEST.....great customer service..will pick you up..send repair guy fast etc. great deals as well.