Movie: Cristo Rey

EddieC

May 8, 2003
When I was in the DR over the New Years holiday, I saw a trailer of the movie Cristo Ray. It looked interesting. Anyone know where, and possibly when a DVD will be available?
I'd sure like to get one.

EddieC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

XC72

Oct 25, 2014
Cristo Rey DVD will go out on sale in one month.
I willl keep you posted.
It will be sold bundle with "La Extrana" movie.

XC

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Cristo Rey DVD will go out on sale in one month.
I willl keep you posted.
It will be sold bundle with "La Extrana" movie.

XC

Keep me posted also. I've been trying to find this movie. Everyone on the street says they have it but they don't.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Trapped on the streets, with only one way out, bang, boom, kaboom, .........giving up is not an option........ I think I NAILED IT.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
It's currently showing on HBO Latino, in Spanish.

I didn't see any English subtitles when I saw it on HBO last week, but I wasn't looking for any either.

HBO

Cristo Rey (2013) - Plot Summary - IMDb
"In a poor shantytown of Santo Domingo, Haitians and Dominicans struggle amidst a complex social and political context. Two half brothers, Janvier and Rudy, will get into a confrontation for the love of the same woman. Janvier, Haitian, is forced to join Cristo Rey's drug gang. His job being to watch over Jocelyn, the young sister of El Baca, kingpin of the district's gang. Rudy, Dominican, is Jocelyn's ex boyfriend. He can't bear to see his half brother Janvier spend time with her, he wants her back no matter what. Janvier and Jocelyn fall madly in love with each other and not having any foreseeable future in a neighborhood like Cristo Rey, they devise a plan to leave the barrio forever."

EddieC

May 8, 2003
Thanks,
I plan to come back to the DR in December.
The timing seems perfect.
Keep me posted.

EddieC

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
It's available on HBO On Demand until midnight tonight. If you access it through HBO GO on computer, you can choose Spanish or English.

PS. We watched it in Spanish - I hear the 'English' version is Spanish too, just with subtitles.

Last edited: