Gated Communities in NC

I am curious what the better gated Communities are in Sosua and Cabarete and which ones to stay away from?!

We are looking for Villas not Condos

The most important things to me would be Security, good management, people pay their monthly fees, things are maintained nicely etc...

Sea Horse Ranch is unfortunately not in the running for us!

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Harleysrock,

You must have seen some of the posts on this earlier as there have been many.
The main ones on the Mountain side of the N5 are : ProCab in Cabarete -gated by now improving its security with a good range of properties; Casa Linda many new properties good construction , Las Canas an older development very close together but with some adminstrative and utility problem; Lomas Mironas ( it has two parts one well run and protected and the other with little security), Haciendas El Choco - big lots but a bit on the expensive side -, Costa Azul just outside Cabarete which has increased its security but is not so good. Then in Sosua - Hispaniola Residential - good security, management and some sea views etc very close to Sosua but everybody overlooks each other so not sure it is for you with your free lifestyle. Terrama ( Sunset Valley) a little way beyond Sosua before Charamicos - Limited security, high utility charges.

On the Ocean side witth Beach Access - Coconut palms/Vista del Caribe area, small enclaves of gated communities but with great access to Encuantro Beach; Hideway Beach - some lots availalbe but somewhat expensive , in general good security , Chez Asenios restaurant and beautiful beach; Perla Marina in genral good security, residential community, good beach and access , restaurant at Natura Cabanas - breakfast and Lunch at Kayana Restuarant and night time dinning at the other one - dont know the name, within Perla marina - Ocean Sands Estates - higher level of security an only about 20 houses with some lots availalbe; Seahorse Ranch you have already dismissed as too expensive, Playa Laguna -poor security , fracture management and relatively poor infrastructure, Sosua Ocean Village - high level of security, great restaurant , limited beach but Gym etc - villa , land etc.

Thats really it in the Cabarete /Sosua area for the better ones as you have rquested.

Hope that helps.

Olly and the Team

Last edited:

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Harleysrock,
This Realter http://www.buydrproperty.com/ has a good description under gated communities of most of the places. The Team are not connected with this site and it is not intended to be advertising but quite a useful guide as to how the Realtors see the various gated communities.

Olly and the Team

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Harleysrock,

You must have seen some of the posts on this earlier as there have been many.
The main ones on the Mountain side of the N5 are : ProCab in Cabarete -gated by now improving its security with a good range of properties; Casa Linda many new properties good construction , Las Canas an older development very close together but with some adminstrative and utility problem; Lomas Mironas ( it has two parts one well run and protected and the other with little security), Haciendas El Choco - big lots but a bit on the expensive side -, Costa Azul just outside Cabarete which has increased its security but is not so good. Then in Sosua - Hispaniola Residential - good security, management and some sea views etc very close to Sosua but everybody overlooks each other so not sure it is for you with your free lifestyle. Terrama ( Sunset Valley) a little way beyond Sosua before Charamicos - Limited security, high utility charges.

On the Ocean side witth Beach Access - Coconut palms/Vista del Caribe area, small enclaves of gated communities but with great access to Encuantro Beach; Hideway Beach - some lots availalbe but somewhat expensive , in general good security , Chez Asenios restaurant and beautiful beach; Perla Marina in genral good security, residential community, good beach and access , restaurant at Natura Cabanas - breakfast and Lunch at Kayana Restuarant and night time dinning at the other one - dont know the name, within Perla marina - Ocean Sands Estates - higher level of security an only about 20 houses with some lots availalbe; Seahorse Ranch you have already dismissed as too expensive, Playa Laguna -poor security , fracture management and relatively poor infrastructure, Sosua Ocean Village - high level of security, great restaurant , limited beach but Gym etc - villa , land etc.

Thats really it in the Cabarete /Sosua area for the better ones as you have rquested.

Hope that helps.

Olly and the Team

Olly, Terramar has good security and the utilities are in line with other communities. I own a 2 bedroom house with a pool and my electricity is US 50.00 per month. Harleysrock, send me a pm and I will be glad to show you around Terramar anytime.

Olly, Terramar has good security and the utilities are in line with other communities. I own a 2 bedroom house with a pool and my electricity is US 50.00 per month. Harleysrock, send me a pm and I will be glad to show you around Terramar anytime.

Actually Wayne that is one of the places I like! Saw a house I am interested in there, no rush as I have to sell my house first but wanted to get a feel of the different gated communities.

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Actually Wayne that is one of the places I like! Saw a house I am interested in there, no rush as I have to sell my house first but wanted to get a feel of the different gated communities.

Anytime you want a tour, just let me know. You will love the place, country feel with beautiful mountain views and only minutes from the beach and town.

Ty olly for your info. I didn't pay much attention to the names of the gated communities that were mentioned in other threads
bc I was not wanting or thinking about moving till this tv opportunity came up.
I also wanted more up to date info.

Thanks again I appreciate it.
Lol with my free lifestyle I would prefer a bit more space around us. :)

Anytime you want a tour, just let me know. You will love the place, country feel with beautiful mountain views and only minutes from the beach and town.

That is exactly what I am looking for!! I chose the beach and had no idea of the maintenance costs. I want no where near the
beach!! well 5-10 min away is of course ok :).

I am also concerned about safety. I feel safe where we are now and am a little nervous giving that up.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Panorama Village is a nice gated community in Sosua. Much bigger lots and homes than Residencial Hispanola or Casa Linda. The only other one that I think was missing from the first reply was Perla Marina - half way between Sosua and Cabarete. Nice but I don't know about the security there.

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Harleysrock, I think you and your wife are perfect residents for Costambar. Come visit me and your wife can play my piano and then you can look around our community! We're even getting 24 hour power...Your wife has my email address!