Have you ever experienced poo-phoria?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
Have YOU ever experienced poo-phoria? Doctors reveal the science behind how going to the bathroom can be 'like an orgasm' for some
Passing a large stool can cause the vagus nerve to fire
This leads a to drop in blood flow, causing a high
Severe cases can cause people to pass out

Researchers have revealed why, for some, going to the bathroom can be 'like a religious experience or an orgasm'.
A Princeton doctor has revealed the key is the passing of a large stool.
This, he claims, can stimulate nerves in the body more usually associated with orgasm

'The stool high is relatively safe, but can become an addiction for some, warns Princeton gastroenterologist Dr. Anish Sheth, the co-author of the book 'What's Your Poo Telling You?'.
He said the key to the phenomenon was passing a stool large enough to distend the rectum so it literally touches a nerve.
'The distention of the rectum that comes with the passing of a large mass of stool causes the vagus nerve to fire.'

Previous research has shown that women having had complete spinal cord injury can experience orgasms through the vagus nerve, which can go from the uterus, cervix, and, it is presumed, the vagina to the brain.
'To some it may feel like a religious experience, to others like an orgasm, and to a lucky few like both,' the book explains.
Dr Sheth said the eurphoric high, dubbed 'poo-phoria' is caused by a drop in blood flow.

'The net effect of this is a drop in your heart rate and blood pressure, which in turn decreases blood flow to the brain, he said.
'When mild, the lightheadedness can lead to a sense of sublime relation - the high.
'However, a more significant drop in brain perfision can cause 'defecation syncope', a dangerous syndrome that results in a loss of consciousness.'

Read more: Have YOU ever experienced poo-phoria? Doctors reveal the science behind how going to the bathroom can be 'like an orgasm' for some | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
'However, a more significant drop in brain perfision can cause 'defecation syncope', a dangerous syndrome that results in a loss of consciousness.'

I remember reading somewhere that more middle-aged upper income males suffer heart attacks on Monday mornings while on the toilet than any other day of the week.

May 5, 2007
Have YOU ever experienced poo-phoria? Doctors reveal the science behind how going to the bathroom can be 'like an orgasm' for some
Passing a large stool can cause the vagus nerve to fire
This leads a to drop in blood flow, causing a high
Severe cases can cause people to pass out

Researchers have revealed why, for some, going to the bathroom can be 'like a religious experience or an orgasm'.
A Princeton doctor has revealed the key is the passing of a large stool.
This, he claims, can stimulate nerves in the body more usually associated with orgasm

'The stool high is relatively safe, but can become an addiction for some, warns Princeton gastroenterologist Dr. Anish Sheth, the co-author of the book 'What's Your Poo Telling You?'.
He said the key to the phenomenon was passing a stool large enough to distend the rectum so it literally touches a nerve.
'The distention of the rectum that comes with the passing of a large mass of stool causes the vagus nerve to fire.'

Previous research has shown that women having had complete spinal cord injury can experience orgasms through the vagus nerve, which can go from the uterus, cervix, and, it is presumed, the vagina to the brain.
'To some it may feel like a religious experience, to others like an orgasm, and to a lucky few like both,' the book explains.
Dr Sheth said the eurphoric high, dubbed 'poo-phoria' is caused by a drop in blood flow.

'The net effect of this is a drop in your heart rate and blood pressure, which in turn decreases blood flow to the brain, he said.
'When mild, the lightheadedness can lead to a sense of sublime relation - the high.

Read more: Have YOU ever experienced poo-phoria? Doctors reveal the science behind how going to the bathroom can be 'like an orgasm' for some | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Frank, you should hook up with Fish and the two of you can write , uh stories

TMI guy

karlheinz

Oct 2, 2006
actually i've seen the results of this first hand when i worked as a paramedic. If a person is really, really constipated and strains to push out the poo this triggers the vagus nerve. Vagal stimulation if in excess can slow or stop the heart all together.
We found a guy wedged between the toilet and bathtub, he died on the toilet and then fell over.......

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
a good s**t is better than any sex. try to go without s**tting for a week or so and you will know i am right.

Aug 6, 2006
The legend is that The King, aka Elvis I of Tupelo, expired while sitting on the throne in Graceland Palace.
Only his mortician and perhaps a paramedic or two know whether he died in ecstasy while dumping.

Aug 6, 2006
Well if it's true that he died on "the throne" I'm sure the plumber would know, with his eating habits I'm convinced he could clog up the pipes.
==========================================================
I bet that a guy with all of Elvis's money would have a more clog-proof toilet. Something with air pressure or enhanced water pressure.