Puppies and mom need homes :-(

The guy who paints for us has 5 puppies around 4 weeks old and the mom of the pups. Our Carpenter who owns the house where our painter lives was going to take both the puppies and mom out to the woods to die of starvation. The mom has a skin condition and they don't have the money to help her and clearly no money for the pups.

My wife begged the guy to wait a day so we could take them to AAAS in Sosua which she did but they have no funding so we tried DR Bob and he can only keep them for a week in his kennels.

Does anyone know of anyone who wants puppies, they are med size Domincan dogs :)

I know we can't help all the dogs here but does anyone have any ideas?!?!

flopsy

Jul 6, 2010
Really hope you find a solution for these doggies, we have 2 sister rescued Dominican dogs, loyal, good guard dogs, just beautiful dogs. Good luck

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I'm not sure this is a good idea but the Korean restaurante in Fruisa guy said he would take all of them including the mother..
Good Luck...

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
could you post some pictures here on the forum, please. I might be interested in 1 male. depends on the size even 2.
what i can offer the little puppies is i nice place on a small farm.
Best!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Hi Harley,
I?ll take a gentle one, as long as it is not a crazy american! Post pics so we can pick. I?m in Campo at the moment and will be for quite a while so they have the run of the forest and a good meal every day. I wont allow them in my house, but I a sure it can bunk with the other 4 rescue cases up here. Must be Pig and Goat friendly or they will be killed. My pigs and goats are nuts, at least I think that is why no one comes by these days, my partner tells me it is because I am unaproachable. I tell her to sod off!

Ask Frank Fren, he knows who I am and my family, the dog will be cool.

rifis

Feb 17, 2014
I guess my first question would be where does this painter live? It's very easy to treat the mother's mange, and it costs nothing to post photos to seek homes for the puppies.

I guess my first question would be where does this painter live? It's very easy to treat the mother's mange, and it costs nothing to post photos to seek homes for the puppies.

He lives in a barrio and we are going to phone tomorrow to see what her health is like.
There was no posting pics in this kind of situation, the owner of the house didn't want them there anymore and wanted them out NOW.

He cannot afford to help the mom, most who live in barrio's don't have the money for it. We will pay for her probably to get better. I just don't want everyone in our area getting the idea we will fix everyone's animals. We can't afford to!!!

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Harleysrock,
On the AAAS Facebook page there is a reference to Dr Bob's mon and pups posted on 23rd Feb - are these the dogs you mention in the OP ?

Olly and the Team

Harleysrock,
On the AAAS Facebook page there is a reference to Dr Bob's mon and pups posted on 23rd Feb - are these the dogs you mention in the OP ?

Olly and the Team

yes Olly they are! They are so cute!! I think they are around 8 weeks now. I can't upload pics on here but if someone wants pics either PM me and I will give you my email or look on the AAAS Friends of Sosua facebook page. Thanks Olly for mentioning this!

I just saw that the lil boy passed away today :-(

Last edited: