buying ikea on north coast

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
was wondering has anybody ordered anything from ikea who lives on the north coast . how is delivery accomplished? I live in a condo on rt 5 just east of cabarete and was wondering how hard is it to get delivered?do I just order online from ikea in santo domingo and they will ship it? .
again wondering if anybody has experienced this and were they satisified?

21yearsinDR

May 29, 2013
Yes, I have done this without problems.
I live in Puerto Plata.
I had everything delivered for free to the IKEA delivery spot in Santiago and from there I picked up everything myself.

Another time - some years back, when IKEA was quite new I went to IKEA in Santo Domingo and bought the stuff and they delivered everything to my home in Puerto Plata.
No problem - I just had to pay for it and I cannot remember how much I paid.. The delivery price depends on the amount you spend (If they did not change that..)
But delivery to the IKEA spot in Santiago is free. You can call IKEA in Santo Domingo to place your order. You need to know the item numbers and details ( check their catalog)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we bought some stuff in SD and had it delivered to POP, no problemo. they delivered on time, brought all the packages home and politely waited when i opened a box with glass table inside to make sure it was intact.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we bought over 125k worth of stuff and still paid for delivery (from SD to POP). it was something like 7k pesos? can't remember now, but they have all prices listed on their website.

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
thanks dv8 .what is that website address ? and do you think the would have any problem delivering to a condo complex just outside of cabarete?

jfk-tampa

Jul 28, 2007
thanks again dv8 is there any way to get an English version of the web site . we have an ikea in tampa maybe I could go thru them? any ideas are welcomed

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
choose SD store and you will be transferred to this page: P?gina principal - IKEA Santo Domingo
in the top left hand corner, under "ikea" you have an icon with spanish and american flags. click on american flag and the site will be in english (well, mostly).

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
The SKUs are all the same across Ikea. Use the English website to select your items, and once you have, search those SKUs on the RD Ikea site.