Police Patrol Secures Bag Of Money

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
From today's Sosua News:

Last Wednesday February 19, four officers of the National Police, found a drunk woman near the town hall.

She appeared to be Anna Johanna Maria V. 66 years of German nationality. At her side, the officers found a backpack filled with a large number of banknotes. It was a sum of about 70,000 pesos in several currencies. The officers carried the lady to her apartment and then handed her the money over. Of this fair and honest conduct of the four officers, the TV program Detras del Rumor made an extensive report. The officers were praised for their correct behavior and set as an example for the entire police force.

PS: You can see her picture here:
Sos?a-News

el tibby

Aug 21, 2006
From today's Sosua News:

Last Wednesday February 19, four officers of the National Police, found a drunk woman near the town hall.

She appeared to be Anna Johanna Maria V. 66 years of German nationality. At her side, the officers found a backpack filled with a large number of banknotes. It was a sum of about 70,000 pesos in several currencies. The officers carried the lady to her apartment and then handed her the money over. Of this fair and honest conduct of the four officers, the TV program Detras del Rumor made an extensive report. The officers were praised for their correct behavior and set as an example for the entire police force.

PS: You can see her picture here:
Sos?a-News

the problem with this story is that they dont mention how much money she had before... so she had only 70,000 pesos left, she went out with 270,000.... and if you look at sosuanews article with a picture of the woman, you could see in her face... she not happy and is got this perplexed look as if to say" how did i lose 200k pesos....don't trust the cops!! don't ever trust the Dominican cops !!

my freind just got off the phone w me .. tellin me about a case last night in santo Domingo with his girlfriend n her family drinkin at a colmado in Pantoha" he tells me that 2 cops came over to bully some drinks cuz they seen a gringo hangih out in a local area... later on that night , those same cops shot n killed 2 Dominican men,, family members of his girlfriend.... for no reason at all !! this morning the delivered 2 dead bodies to the families house!! cops r gangsters out there.... i will say it again, DONT TRUST ANY COPS IN D.R!!

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
How can someone go out and get extremly drunk with 270.000pesos in their pockets? Only a 100% fool would do something like that.

It goes like this. Woman goes to bank to get money for who knows what. Woman figures a quick drink with friends won't be no big deal. Unfortunately woman is alcoholic and one drink is too many and a thousand isn't enough. Happens every day.