looking for a place for 5 days

ACDC

Feb 10, 2014
greetings all,

plans to be in SD beginning of March. ISO a nice place to stay that won't break my pockets. ideally, i'd like a place close enough for me to walk to the "must see spots", close to a yummy breakfast joint. been searching on airbnb and thought a post here would be wise too. what say you, DR1? aC

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
greetings all,

plans to be in SD beginning of March. ISO a nice place to stay that won't break my pockets. ideally, i'd like a place close enough for me to walk to the "must see spots", close to a yummy breakfast joint. been searching on airbnb and thought a post here would be wise too. what say you, DR1? aC

Hotel Conde de Penabla located in the Colonial Zone. Nice old colonial hotel. Staff is nice and friendly. Rooms are large but nothing fancy. Walking distance to all of the zone. Indoor and outdoor cafe, good food and drink. Cost about $65 a night.

LTSteve

ACDC

Feb 10, 2014
thanks all. airbnb and tripadvisor has been great a resource. lots of good finds. my only concern is 'location'. would hate to pick a spot that is not relatively close to the Malecon/Colonial Zone. if there are addresses/areas i should focus on--please let me know. Casa de Sol, Casa Sanchez have been starred so far. thanks again. aC

ACDC

Feb 10, 2014
this place looks perfect for me, Matilda. however on trip advisor and the website it keeps saying no availability. do you by chance have a connect here? remember you mentioning something about a hotel on our call the other night. thanks! aC

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
edioficio read at 101 arzobisbo noel...apart hotel....very clean and secure ...one block from el conde ..one block from mercury hotel for your breakfast...buffet style
they have one and two bed apts ...and parking is great

ACDC

Feb 10, 2014
just learned what some know AC/DC to mean. just for the record AC (my initials) DC (where i hail from). nothing to do with my preference. thanks! i'm from a new school and never knew that meaning for ACDC or likely would have selected another username. oh well. aC

ACDC

Feb 10, 2014
just learned what some know AC/DC to mean. just for the record AC (my initials) DC (where i hail from). nothing to do with my preference. thanks! i'm from a new school and never knew that meaning for ACDC or likely would have selected another username. oh well. aC

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Mystery solved! Now I can sleep at night.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.