Toyota DEALERSHIP.. Is their and actual Toyota Dealership in SD?

eddieo

Jan 3, 2009
detla comercial:
Delta Comercial - Inicio

Av. Luper?n, Esq. R?mulo Betancourt,
Santo Domingo, D. N, Rep?blica Dominicana.
Tels. (809) 620-3000 y (809) 537-1000
Fax. (809) 518-1202
info@deltacomercial.com.do

I get my Lexus 570 serviced at the Santiago Delta, they seem as OK so far. There are differences. If you buy a new Lexus in N America you do have better service, and free oil changes for a year. In DR you pay 50,000 more, and get nothing.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I get my Lexus 570 serviced at the Santiago Delta, they seem as OK so far. There are differences. If you buy a new Lexus in N America you do have better service, and free oil changes for a year. In DR you pay 50,000 more, and get nothing.

Ours only needs an oil change once a year because of the synthetic oil - we don't put much mileage on it because of the months we spend in DR. I will say that Lexus service in the US is really top notch, never experienced that with any other car brand.

Jan 9, 2004
Ours only needs an oil change once a year because of the synthetic oil - we don't put much mileage on it because of the months we spend in DR. I will say that Lexus service in the US is really top notch, never experienced that with any other car brand.

....And don't forget to use a filter made for synthetic oil.

By that I mean regular filters are designed to not last as long beyond their stated mileage claims.

Since synthetic oil is designed to go about 7,500 miles between changes...you should use a filter designed to last at least as long as the oil.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
....And don't forget to use a filter made for synthetic oil.

By that I mean regular filters are designed to not last as long beyond their stated mileage claims.

Since synthetic oil is designed to go about 7,500 miles between changes...you should use a filter designed to last at least as long as the oil.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

I never knew that. In NJ we use Lexus for oil changes, so I presume they put in the right filter. Our Venza in DR also uses synthetic oil, now there I'm not as sure, but I remember Mr. AE checking to see that the filter was the same as the one they took out, it was kind of odd looking to me.

Is the time as important as the miles? We brought the Venza into SD for oil change last Spring, because it had been a year, but very low miles. The guy insisted we didn't need the oil changed, he checked it and said it was very clean. We were apprehensive but didn't change it.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I do all mine once a year..... in both countries , each car gets about 6-8,000 miles/year.

I think time is a factor.... inexpensive, but important, maintenance

Jan 9, 2004
I never knew that. In NJ we use Lexus for oil changes, so I presume they put in the right filter. Our Venza in DR also uses synthetic oil, now there I'm not as sure, but I remember Mr. AE checking to see that the filter was the same as the one they took out, it was kind of odd looking to me.

Is the time as important as the miles? We brought the Venza into SD for oil change last Spring, because it had been a year, but very low miles. The guy insisted we didn't need the oil changed, he checked it and said it was very clean. We were apprehensive but didn't change it.

Miles driven are far more important than time between changes.....and using a filter designed for synthetic oil is as important as the miles driven.

Fram makes filters specifically designed for use when using synthetic oil.

I bring my own down....as I have seen first hand some of the filters used by mechanics there....and lets just say I am suspect....and not about to drive to Delta (Toyota Dealer) in SD for an oil change.

Adding to that, my own car dealer clients bring filters down for use on their personal vehicles....instead of using the local stuff.....no matter what the logo on the box.....because those are filters that are made for a different price point market....and may not be the same quality.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Miles driven are far more important than time between changes.....and using a filter designed for synthetic oil is as important as the miles driven.

Fram makes filters specifically designed for use when using synthetic oil.

I bring my own down....as I have seen first hand some of the filters used by mechanics there....and lets just say I am suspect....and not about to drive to Delta (Toyota Dealer) in SD for an oil change.

Adding to that, my own car dealer clients bring filters down for use on their personal vehicles....instead of using the local stuff.....no matter what the logo on the box.....because those are filters that are made for a different price point market....and may not be the same quality.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

playa, i remember when i was still fanatical about engines and such things, i used to read everything i could get my hands on about oils, and filters. i would never run anything in my engines besides Mobil1 filters, and Amsoil. the reason i mentioned this is because the black FRAM filters were reputed to be very decent, but those orange coloured ones were known as the filter of death. i always stayed away from them.

another beef i have with these oil change guys here is this propensity to use 50 weight oil. modern cars do not use that crud. there is no need for today?s car to run anything with a higher viscosity than 30 weight.

Jan 9, 2004
playa, i remember when i was still fanatical about engines and such things, i used to read everything i could get my hands on about oils, and filters. i would never run anything in my engines besides Mobil1 filters, and Amsoil. the reason i mentioned this is because the black FRAM filters were reputed to be very decent, but those orange coloured ones were known as the filter of death. i always stayed away from them.

another beef i have with these oil change guys here is this propensity to use 50 weight oil. modern cars do not use that crud. there is no need for today?s car to run anything with a higher viscosity than 30 weight.

I only reference Fram because it is likely the best known and most widely available.

My personal choice is WIX XP.

Oil is Mobil1 synthetic 5-30 for the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I only reference Fram because it is likely the best known and most widely available.

My personal choice is WIX XP.

Oil is Mobil1 synthetic 5-30 for the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

there you go!! listen up, folks. those two recommendations are as good as you will get. and no 20 50 oil!

playa, i think 5w is overkill that is for Minnesota. oh..they use 0w.

eddieo

Jan 3, 2009

Yes, I guess I should not complain. I get a new one every 2 years anyway so If I miss a couple does not really bother me. about the extra 50,000? Well that's just payment for the awesome scenery right?

IEatTravelnCode

Oct 29, 2014

If you bought, your 570 new at Delta, they are not supposed to charge you for maintenance, that is included in the warranty.

eddieo

Jan 3, 2009
If you bought, your 570 new at Delta, they are not supposed to charge you for maintenance, that is included in the warranty.

Should not matter where I buy it. I will be getting a new one as soon as the 16's get in so I will try make that happen before I buy it, thanks for the idea.