pasola confiscated by Amet

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Ok, only the second time in 4 years but still annoying!

So, to collect it, i have to pay the fine at Ban Reservas but then also take a copy of the matricula and seguro up to Amet?.is this true? What if one's seguro has, er, lapsed??

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
So you're riding around with no insurance???? Get that in order before you hit the road again and be responsible.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
If I were you I would always wear a helmet here when riding for health reasons...this is not the place to practice being free on the open road.

I just bought a scull cap for my rides as a passenger on the motos...I don't care if I look like an idiot!!

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Hmm, much as i appreciate people's concern for my welfare and other helpful advice (ahem!) i was really hoping if anyone else could just clarify whether one does definitely have to produce copies of matricula and seguro, and if so, does it matter if the seguro is dated from that day??
Gracias

silkesmo

Jan 17, 2014
Insurance Doesn't Matter

So, to collect it, i have to pay the fine at Ban Reservas but then also take a copy of the matricula and seguro up to Amet?.is this true? What if one's seguro has, er, lapsed??

All you need to show is your receipt showing you paid the fine, your cedula/passport, and proof of onwership. Something that has your Pasola VIN # and has your name on it. When they took mine, I showed my receipt of purchase.

PS - where did they get you, by the cathedral??

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
1013781_10152196884188734_1985842198_n_zpsbe964a43.jpg

Scrabblebiker

Mar 1, 2014

Unless the bus had sharpened machetes or a running bandsaw attached to it, I can't see a helmet damaged in this way from a crash :)

PS: helmets are an awesome idea when operating a two wheeled machine with absolutely nothing protecting you from your surroundings.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
When they first tried to start enforcing the helmet law in Las Terrenas.. about 10 years ago, not even the police had helmets. They put at the word and everyone started just covering their heads with anything that could find.. layers of baseball caps, layers of shower caps,,, since there actually were no helmets even for sale in the Village. Everyone just started laughing about it as the cops tried to give out tickets.

Finally, one guy took a spaghetti collander and tied it upside down over his head with shoe laces.

The cops gave up.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

if your seguro has, er, lapsed, you, er, have no insurance.

karnes

Sep 26, 2013
But honestly if your in your own country without insurance will they give your car back??? My god some peoples kids shouldnt be let out of the pkayground....

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
If you are nice they will hold your bike and let you go to the bank , pay the fine and when you bring the receipt they give you your bike back but if they fill up the flat bed with other bikes and your not back then plan on taking a trip up the hill to the Amet motoconcho graveyard

They let me do this the second time as they would not accept the $1000k rd note I gave them the first time