Getting Apostilled English Birth Certificate Translated... Long Process?

torreylee

Oct 24, 2009
www.mesothelioma-lawsuit-advice.com
Hi friends,

I'm in a time crunch, waiting on my Michigan Birth Certificate to arrive to the DR where I live. I was just wondering if anyone has went through the translation process over here and whatever legal processes need to be done.

If so, could you please tell me if this is a simple quick process or if am I going to want to go through a bunch of bull crap and hoops.

Thank,

Torre

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I got mine from MD years ago on line and it only took a short time. I don't know about Michigan.

I can tell you that yes the process is just beginning and you have months if not years of bull crap and hoops ahead of you.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I got mine 3 weeks ago and the US law states that it MUST be in english, regardless what DR says. The Apostilled is for proposes like to get married. My wedding is already set and took me 3 weeks to get it done, because I have attorney. If you do it yourself, your looking at 2-3 months process and near $20,000 RD to get it done in DR.

My suggest, legal all papers in the US before you go to DR . Remember, whatever you need like VISA, K3 visa, or getting married, DR will have to follow the US process.

I assume you are gettng married in DR? I may have tips for you if you want.

kenthedentman

Apr 10, 2012
I had all my paper work translated in dallas (i was working in dallas at the time) took them two or three days and they notarized all the papers. I found them through google it cost me roughly $200usd. In the DR? Good luck. As you may or may not know nothing happens smoothly or in a timely manner here. Nothing.

torreylee

Oct 24, 2009
www.mesothelioma-lawsuit-advice.com
I got mine 3 weeks ago and the US law states that it MUST be in english, regardless what DR says. The Apostilled is for proposes like to get married. My wedding is already set and took me 3 weeks to get it done, because I have attorney. If you do it yourself, your looking at 2-3 months process and near $20,000 RD to get it done in DR.

My suggest, legal all papers in the US before you go to DR . Remember, whatever you need like VISA, K3 visa, or getting married, DR will have to follow the US process.

I assume you are gettng married in DR? I may have tips for you if you want.

Yes I am MiamiDRGuy and the wedding is set for June. I've ordered the Birth Certificate from Michigan apostilled. I though I only needed to get it translated after that. Looks like I'm wrong. Yes, I'd love any tips you have.

*sidenote= A friend of mine just got married and she said she didn't have to get her BC translated, it came apostilled from theStates too.