Thread: Car Rental Offices

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Car Rental Offices

I'm arriving into PUJ at around 1030pm and it appears that all of the car rental places will be closed at least from what i can tell by looking online. Does anyone know of a rental agency that is open late at the airport? Thanks.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Not that airport, but in Costa Rica I contacted a car rental place and they promised they'd have someone at their desk when I got there at 3:00 AM, but there was no one there when I arrove. When I called the next day and gave them hell they actually said they hadn't believed I was serious. But they could have checked and seen that there are truly flights arriving at those hours.
    Der Fish
    You gotta stop flying the Spirit ghetto bus LOL

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PeteyPablo View Post
    You gotta stop flying the Spirit ghetto bus LOL
    Actually this is Delta. They started a 6pm evening direct flight out of Atlanta straight into PUJ. The only problem is it gets in when everything is closed up but the benefit is that I can work all day and not have to take a day off just for travel.

When I fly into STI at 3am Alamo is open 24hrs and when I've flown late into SDQ there is always a rental agency open but I guess over at PUJ there are not enough flights or business for it to be worthwhile for the rental agencies to stay open late.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure if you have checked out this agency Prestige Car Rentals Car Rentals Dominican Republic | Car Rental Service La Romana, Santo Domingo, Punta Cana 1-866-513-3849 EXT 252

I have used them before but not in Punta Cana.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Contact a rental agency and tell them you want someone to meet you at the airport with the car. Most of them will agree to this to get the rental.

LTsteve

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

other alternative... take a taxi to your lodging... next day contact rental car company, they'll come pick you up to get your car. a little inconvenient, but it works. I can recommend Budget from personal experience... but they're all about the same.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently recommended to us by a sweet couple from Vermont was sixT rentals. Their car was waiting for them at AZS
    We've always had to taxi to town & rent locally; I checked the site & punta Cana is on the available list. Worth a try at least.