Golf carts in Sosua?

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
A few years ago I noticed golf carts on the street in Sosua. They were sporting the name and emblem of The Victoria Inn. Then, last year or the year before, they had Jolly Roger flags. This year there also seems to be one or two that are not JR.

Query: Are there golf carts for rent in Sosua? If so, where?

My health is a lot worse than I thought it was when we booked this year. The heat of the day really gets to me these days. (In my youth I used to laugh at heat and humidity--Hah!). I don't want to cope with a rental car for just around town. I thought moped/scooter, but don't think that's an option since no-shade, and little experience with two wheelers. And forget the four-wheeler; again: no shade.

If there are golf carts available and someone knows from where, let me know. A private message will do fine if you're concerned about the advertising guidelines on DR1.

wbr

Sosua Sonny

Dec 30, 2013
On one of my trips to Sosua I rented a Golf Cart from Jolly Rogers not for any medical reasons but just pure laziness. You need a passport. They don't keep it but take a photocopy. They charged me $20 a day. You need a credit card for deposit. When I was there I dealt with the owner Terry. Hopefully he is still around but you know how fast bars switch hands. Hope this helps!

belaso

Mar 8, 2014
Spanky's bar is across from Casa Marina. Gary or Larry will be of immense help to you. Tell them that Frank sent you

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Kelly and Patty own the Jolly....good friends of ours....they only have one cart now to rent out.

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
I just got back from there and talked to her as she was setting up. But when she was done and I was about to ask . . . she'd left for the supermercado. I'll try again later.

wbr