Best Shopping Experience in a Punta Cana

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
Does anyone know when tbe Blue Mall Punta Cana will be built?

What is the shopping alternative in Punta Cana right now?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
A couple of years ago the hoardings on the corner where the Blue Mall was to be built were quietly taken down. However, in the last few weeks the area has been cleared and electricity and new water installations are visible from the road. There are no signs or hoardings, so I keep meaning to ask the people in the know what the plans are, whether it is going to be a Blue Mall or something completely different.

At the moment Punta Cana has the Galer?as Punta Cana in PC Village where the Nacional supermarket is, with a few shops (Claro, Vimenca, pharmacy, EPS/Metropac, swimming pool shop, travel agent, blinds, houseware, beauty salon, a couple of boutiques, toys and party supplies, kitchens, accessories/souvenirs, furniture) and restaurants (Wendy's, Spanish, Dominican, Bagels, Mexican, Asian, Baskin Robbins ice cream, Italian, Mediterranean, Pizzarelli). The Village also has branches of Banco Popular, Progreso (new), Scotia Bank and Lopez de Haro, a small clinic (Punta Cana Doctors) and dentists.

There is nothing much to speak of in Cap Cana or Ciudad las Canas.

The much bigger malls are in B?varo - San Juan and Palma Real both have supermarkets, banks, pharmacies, restaurants and many boutiques, souvenir shops, shoe shops and more. San Juan is larger and more complete and Palma Real is slightly higher end.

Apart from that, B?varo is full of half-empty or completely empty malls and like the area, much of the shopping is spread out. The malls around Fruisa are busier.

Ultimately it depends on what you're looking for and whether by 'Punta Cana' you mean the whole east coast or just the area round the airport.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Chiramoya. Heard from someone I think of as very good source, for whatever this is worth, that Blue Mall being started again. Money being invested by the Venezuelan family business who built in SD and whose money is also building homes in Cap Cana near Marina.
But I Did not ask why there are no signs yet.