Sambil - New Shops?

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
I remember I recall they will be planning to open a new bowling alley and a bar/resturant on the top floor, did it happened?

I also wonder is there a place in Santo Domingo similiar to Dave & Busters?

What DR needs is more night life bars, event centers like D&B, a downtown convention center connect with 2 hotels maybe next to each other.

Thanks

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
i so happen to be in sambil today also on the topfloor and there ain't no bowling alley, would be nice if there would be one!

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
How is Sambil doing? BTW.
That place is just not welcoming enough..too spacious
not fun and engaging, way too many vacant store fronts.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Well, I do not think it is so many vacant store fronts, I think that it simply does not suit the market of the surrounding area. And if a family need to drive there then there are much better malls.
I went to buy some clothes there a few months ago and couldn?t afford it.
As far as the top floor goes, they have overdone the floorspace as far as tables goes, the ratio to eating places, customers and tables is savana like even on a busy evening. A few expensive kids soft play areas which are awkward and you are allowed in with the child but it means more parents thn kids tripping all over ech other and smashing into other parents kids etc. not well though out at all.
Did I see on the news the elevator gave way the other day, sure I did, that won?t make decent publicity.
No, Sambil is pretty from the outside, even on entering, but once you?ve set a few steps inside you realise that it is just another terrible attempt at a mall in SD.

For half decent nightlife try Acropolis. It even has an Adidas store that is only three times more expensive than the UK. But I do like TGI?s and it is the only place I can really get a good hard shiver on.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
It seems Sambil is a waste, they shouldnt had built it, but instead re model Acropolis or Blue Mall.. But hey, its nice to have IHOP there though. I like the most: Agora

GioMed

Oct 6, 2011
I tried getting a spot in the Sambil food court...no more spaces
for ice cream/helado so I may have to consider waiting it out
or maybe buying out one of the gelato places there or Agora