Where Can I Buy A Decent Brisket?

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Near Bonao.

Went to La Sirena and the guy came back with something with bones. Gonna go back Saturday with a picture. Anyways the thread about hash got me thinking about smoking a brisket this weekend as I am from Texas.

Thanks in advance...

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You may find the cut you want, but chances are it will not be properly aged and will be like shoe leather. What to look for is a butcher who properly ages beef in your area or pay the price for imported beef. Either will probably be hard to find. Price Smart might be an option.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Brisket is called Pecho de Res...If there's a Supermercado Nacional nearby, they seem to use decent butchers for their domestic beef. They also have pretty good imported beef, but I doubt they'd have brisket.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
I just know I am going to regret asking,

but where is "Martinez & Feldmans" and "Paco Goldbergs"

there I did it, I regret it but I did it any way!

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
I just know I am going to regret asking,

but where is "Martinez & Feldmans" and "Paco Goldbergs"

there I did it, I regret it but I did it any way!

Across the street from the Catholic School Synagogue, near the lubavitch & Sephardi Corner in SD. :p

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Brisket is called Pecho de Res...If there's a Supermercado Nacional nearby, they seem to use decent butchers for their domestic beef. They also have pretty good imported beef, but I doubt they'd have brisket.

Nacional does not sell brisket.................
I wish they did...........
The best they sell is imported rib eye at 550 a pound............

B in Santiago

cndeh

Jul 23, 2012
The La Sierna in Santiago has it if you ask the butcher. They call it Punto Almendra. It is a full brisket with the point attached.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Is there a butcher in santiago that will give special service / meat with a propina? If privacy is important feel free to pm. thanks

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
Talk to the german butcher in Sosua, tell the wife you want it to cook with potatoes and cabbage.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Talk to the german butcher in Sosua, tell the wife you want it to cook with potatoes and cabbage.

Guys, the OP isn't a jewish guy from NYC, he is from texas. He wants to dry rub a brisket and then smoke, probably for 12 - 24 hours. Whole different deal.

I have been known to bring in some frozen brisket brought in from texas. Never saw brisket in any store in DR. I have Badle smoker on the balcony and a good supply of dry rub from Rudy's and Black's. Black's in Lockhart has the best brisket and best beef ribs I have ever had!

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Thanks all! Hehehe. Not Jewish and yes gonna smoke it! Gonna look for it in La Sirena

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I thought that the "German Butcher of Sosua" was doing 30 years for hacking his wife to death with a cleaver?????????
Or is he the "Butcher" who backed into his meat grinder, and, "Got A Little "Behind" In His Work"?????
Or the butcher who was seen "Beating His Meat" in the back of his shop?????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

DR_Guy

Bronze
Feb 17, 2010
Went to La Sirena in Bonao and after a short discussion the butcher came out with a beautiful packer brisket. Punto Almendra for the win. Thanks....