Birth Certificate for a Dominican

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Here is the situation. Santo Domingo area ...

A Dominican male with a birth certificate/cedula has impregnated his girlfriend-wife. The girlfriend-wife does not have a birth certificate/cedula. The mother of the girlfriend-wife also does not have a birth certificate. The father of the girlfriend-wife does have a cedula. The girlfriend-wife is the same person, not two different people.

The girlfriend-wife has a godmother who is willing to say that she is mother of the girlfriend-wife and that the girlfriend-wife was born at home.

The baby is due soon and we would like to legalize the girlfriend-wife for a number of reasons including employment, and having her name on her child's birth certificate.

What specifically is the process?

Thank you.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Heythere.. I am not a lawyer.. So wait for Mr Guzman to reply.

But could you just answer this,,, is the mother of your girlfriend Haitian? Was your girlfriend born in the Dominican Republic? If she is not Haitian, are there grandparents or cousins around?

As you may know, there is a process now to get proper papers for those Haitians who were born here.

It is propably not a good idea to falsify any sort of legal records, even though this may seem the easiest way,

If I were you, I would go over to the maternity hospital, at Senora de Altagracia, and ask what is needed. There is a new policy now that no babies can leave without a birth certificate. And the people who are there can explain to you what they are actually DOING .. rather than what the law says that they should be doing.

Theoretically, according to the Constitution, the fact that your wife;s FATHER is Dominican should have been enough to get her a cedula. So explain that. And see what THEY say., That is what I would do.

Is your wife over 18? Has she tried to get a cedula and been denied? Any other reason to think that she would not get one?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
Is the girlfriend-wife a Dominican?

What exactly do you mean, Anna? The father of the mother to be is Domnican, so that makes her Dominican under the Constitution, I believe... no? But she does not have a birth certificate, probably because the family did not bother to go and register the birth, did not have the money, etc.... This happens to about 15% of the populatation here.

Heythere

Feb 24, 2005
Hi I am not the father - just trying to help,

The father of the baby to be is Dominican, the mother of the baby to be is Dominican but she is undocumented - no birth certificate. The father of the baby to be is 24 years old and the mother of the baby to be is 18 years old.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Who's On First"????????????????????

Definition of "Mass Confusion"????????
"Father's Day" in the Dominican Republic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

"Heythere",..................."No Good Deed Goes Un Punished"!!!!!!
Don't get involved, it will either be "Your Fault, and/or cost you money!!!!!

Kinda late for "Mami & Papi" to think of that!!!!!

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
U might even end up being the father...... who knows?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi I am not the father - just trying to help,

The father of the baby to be is Dominican, the mother of the baby to be is Dominican but she is undocumented - no birth certificate. The father of the baby to be is 24 years old and the mother of the baby to be is 18 years old.

I guess I should have said was the mother to be BORN in the DR? And BTW where is the grandmother to be, The mother of the mother to be. Why does anyone have to lie for this birth certificate. My head is spinning.:cross-eye:paranoid:

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
?D?nde puedo solicitar mi acta de nacimiento?

En la Oficial?a del Estado Civil donde fue hecha su declaraci?n de nacimiento o en el Centro de Servicio de la Oficina Central del Estado Civil, en la Feria, en el Centro de Servicio que opera en la Ciudad de Santiago, en la Junta Electoral del mismo Municipio y en el Centro de Servicio ubicado en la Carretera Mella, Km 8?, en la Plaza Island.

?D?nde puedo solicitar mi acta de nacimiento?

there is a lot of information on this one Bolet?n No. 1 - Declaraciones Tard?as

leromero

Bronze
May 30, 2004
web.mac.com
"Heythere",..................."No Good Deed Goes Un Punished"!!!!!!
Don't get involved, it will either be "Your Fault, and/or cost you money!!!!!

Agreed! Don't get in the middle of the situation. If you want to print out the information from the link and give it to them, fine. But you do not have a dog in that hunt. It will cause you problems in the long run either with time, money, or both.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
a bribe in the hands of a crooked, connected Dominican lawyer will straighten this all out.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
It is a too common problem and the reason why the government is stepping up the foreigner legalisation program. The intention is that before the end of the Medina administration there not be a undocumented or illiterate person in the country.
See DR1 Daily News of 19 March 2014:

Public school students to get birth certificates

The Ministry of Education reports that its Community Participation Department is helping 91,000 public school students who have not been able to complete their registration for lack of identity documents.

As reported in Diario Libre, department director Bienvenido Flores Pichardo announced that in the next two months they would try to declare 80% (around 72,800) of students affected. Their lack of legal status prevents them from graduating from high school, and getting jobs to progress in life and move out of poverty.

Pichardo said it is a complex situation that affects around 780,000 families, adding that many of these students have not been declared because their parents and grandparents do not have birth certificates either.

The Ministry of Education has allocated RD$60 million to support the students and their relatives in the application process, including notary, psychological, food allowances and transportation costs.

The process is being coordinated with the Ministry of Public Health, the Ministry of Interior and Police, the Central Electoral Board and the Migration Department.

An inventory by the Ministry of Education found that the largest number undocumented students are enrolled in schools in Santo Domingo and the south, mostly in elementary school. Flores said that approximately 65% are acknowledged as Dominicans, while only 35% are said to be foreigners. In the case of the foreigners, Flores said they would be registered in the Foreigners' Book.

The goal is to provide legal documentation to the children and their families to reduce poverty and meet one of the Millennium Development Goals that is to provide quality education.

Gestionar?n actas de nacimiento para 91,000 estudiantes de escuelas - DiarioLibre.com

As said above, the public institutions are working on really helping people correct this situation legally.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
If the father of the to be mother is a Dominican citizenship by his parents then it should be easy for the to be mother to get her birth certificate, all she has to do is bring the declaracion given to her mother at the hospital when she was born, have her father go to the oficialia and register her as his daughter and that he is declaring her late. The process will take about 6 to 9 months before she can her birth certificate and then after that she also get the birth certificate to her new born. Don't try to do things wrong way because it will just create more problem to the to be mother

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I saw this episode of JERRY SPRINGER last week. You will not believe who the real father was?

LTSTeve

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
does Dolores work for the government pr machine? Related to Pichardo? Bribery and corruption is the way its been done here for hundreds of years. Is there a sudden change? More than a few friends have given up living here because they tried over and over to "do things the right way", finally giving up in frustration. Its not a question of right and wrong its a question of getting anything accomplished. If you have the gold you make the rules. As far as the government and "the ministry of education reports", and "the government is stepping up" and finally "Pichardo says", well that'll be the day. The primary purpose of the government in the DR is to enrich politicians and if you believe anything else you gotta be blind or work for the lying government.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Actually, Dolores owns DR1.

Zoom!!!!!!!!! Hey, I remember a childhood show on PBS right after Sesame Street called "Zoom".

I want to Zoom Zoom

Aug 6, 2006
Zoom!!!!!!!!! Hey, I remember a childhood show on PBS right after Sesame Street called "Zoom".

I want to Zoom Zoom
Nowadays, I think you need to buy a Mazda for that.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
does Dolores work for the government pr machine? Related to Pichardo? Bribery and corruption is the way its been done here for hundreds of years. Is there a sudden change? More than a few friends have given up living here because they tried over and over to "do things the right way", finally giving up in frustration. Its not a question of right and wrong its a question of getting anything accomplished. If you have the gold you make the rules. As far as the government and "the ministry of education reports", and "the government is stepping up" and finally "Pichardo says", well that'll be the day. The primary purpose of the government in the DR is to enrich politicians and if you believe anything else you gotta be blind or work for the lying government.

I can only applaud efforts of the government to make legal children that for years have not existed. Can you imagine what it is to be born without being able to get a cedula, from a mother who does not have one because her parents didn't either. If this government has decided to tackle that, it deserves praise. That is a transcendental move for the country.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Can we get A "where are they now" show on the zoom kids. maybe grandparents by now.

"I'm Bernadette" trippy arms twisting thing. and I lived in...02134. only gringos 45-55 could possibly understand.

I want to Zoom Zoom