My "Pro DR" DR holiday

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013
Arrived today with my senior citizen parents. La Jefa arrived 2 says before to get the place ready. The folks are in their 80's and began the trip by saying this would probably be their last plane trip. They thought it wold be to much for them as they are becoming feeble. The first positive DR experience was in the POP airport. The guy who met us at the gate with a wheelchair for my mother could not have been any kinder. It was like it was more than a job for him, it was his vocation. He was like a doctor with a great bedside manner. He took us thru immigrations, and baggage claim where jumped down into the hole to FIX A jammed conveyor belt ( people clapped, )
And took us to the curb where the Jefa was waiting with our car. I POWER TIPPED him. Damn right I did. ,great,guy. We leave the airport and my parent s have culture shock. OMG son, what have you done? Two hours later after sitting in an incredibly pleasant breeze, and seeing the sun cast long shadows, we headed to cabarete. We sat and had a casual dinner at Jose oshea's, ( sorry we missed you frank 12). Dining with bare feet in the sand. The ambient light up and down the beach is almost hypnotic. As we go to leave, the old man says to me...." I can see why you want to move here. Don't go back". They ask if they could spend next winter here...... :)

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Arrived today with my senior citizen parents. La Jefa arrived 2 says before to get the place ready. The folks are in their 80's and began the trip by saying this would probably be their last plane trip. They thought it wold be to much for them as they are becoming feeble. The first positive DR experience was in the POP airport. The guy who met us at the gate with a wheelchair for my mother could not have been any kinder. It was like it was more than a job for him, it was his vocation. He was like a doctor with a great bedside manner. He took us thru immigrations, and baggage claim where jumped down into the hole to FIX A jammed conveyor belt ( people clapped, )
And took us to the curb where the Jefa was waiting with our car. I POWER TIPPED him. Damn right I did. ,great,guy. We leave the airport and my parent s have culture shock. OMG son, what have you done? Two hours later after sitting in an incredibly pleasant breeze, and seeing the sun cast long shadows, we headed to cabarete. We sat and had a casual dinner at Jose oshea's, ( sorry we missed you frank 12). Dining with bare feet in the sand. The ambient light up and down the beach is almost hypnotic. As we go to leave, the old man says to me...." I can see why you want to move here. Don't go back". They ask if they could spend next winter here...... :)

The standard tip for that service is $5, when you start over tipping these people they demand and expect more for the same service from the rest of us in the future... Please do not over tip again.. You have been warned.. :)

joejamchicago

Dec 29, 2008
power tipping--congrats

The standard tip for that service is $5, when you start over tipping these people they demand and expect more for the same service from the rest of us in the future... Please do not over tip again.. You have been warned.. :)

Stingy is as stingy does. Excellent service should be rewarded. Props to "Pro DR" for sharing generously. Eleanor Roosevelt said, "You can tell what a person believes in by how he/she spends their money." So "Pro DR" believes in generosity. Blessings be on him and his children and grandchildren. Shame be on the stingy ones.

PaGuyinDr

Sep 2, 2013

I want to hire the guy as my full time personal assistant.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Wait till your father gets propositioned. You won't ever be able to send him home again. He will feel like a 70 year old again.

LTSteve