Leaving the DR

Allan Fagan

Feb 20, 2014
I appreciate this question may have been asked many times but I'm not great with search functions after a few drinks. My wife was wanting to ask a question......the form we fill out before our return flight home, and payment. Can that be done in the UK before we leave or should we just will till we get to our AI?

If memory serves me right we filled in forms on the plane en route to DR last time for entry fees

jmnorr

Nov 22, 2012
The forms will be given to you on the flight or you can get one at one of the many desks (blue long form) You fill it out so that it is complete when you go through customs and immigration when you arrive home. Make sure if you declare that you are bringing cigars back that you specifically say DOMINICAN cigars or they will ask you a million questions if you are from the states!

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
You can buy your entry fee (tourist card) online and print it out, then you dont have to make a line when you arrive. However there are also machines that produce them.

The forms you need to fill in to arrive and to leave the country (migration and customs), you can fill them before if you want and if you have them. (I don't know why you would want to since it takes less than 2 minutes, but some people want to travel very well prepared).

I travel to Miami with some older people once a year and they come prepared every time with everything filled already at home. (I had a little laugh last year when they proudly came with all their papers filled and there were no custom forms in use since they had ran out of them).

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
This is why I get a kick out of this site..........it's the only thing that keeps me coming back................... stupid question being answered.................. I've saved the one from the idiota asking about how to go about taking a "fortune" in through customs.................$1500.................. this one will be saved too........... and the weird thing is, it's not even from an American, but yet, it's still fooooookin stupid...........!!!!!!!!!

... and I will put you on my list of useless posters... including all..........................25............................. of your posts.

Idiot.

toriemannetje

Aug 30, 2013
I appreciate this question may have been asked many times but I'm not great with search functions after a few drinks. My wife was wanting to ask a question......the form we fill out before our return flight home, and payment. Can that be done in the UK before we leave or should we just will till we get to our AI?

If memory serves me right we filled in forms on the plane en route to DR last time for entry fees

maybe it's the brugal kicking in but what?!?!

tmnyc

Oct 19, 2006
......the form we fill out before our return flight home, and payment. Can that be done in the UK before we leave or should we just will till we get to our AI?

DR departure forms (Immigration and customs) are completed upon departure from DR either before or after airline check-in but before before going to security, customs, immigration. They are located at most DR airline departure counters or from the DR airline agents. The completed forms are collected as you go thru the respective departure/check points.

There is no "payment" UNLESS you overstayed your tourist card (30 days). Routine departure fees and taxes are included in your airfare.

Last edited: