DR Custom Office Opens in Miami

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Dominican Republic Government announces new opening custom office in Miami. News states:

'New York-. Customs Agency director Fernando Fernandez said on Wednesday announced the opening of a branch in the Dominican Consulate at Miami in April, to continue expanding customs services to the Dominican community.

He said new Customs offices will also open in New Jersey, Boston and San Juan starting April.

The official said the training of the personnel who?ll staff the Customs Office in Miami will conclude April 8.

"We in Customs make efforts to provide expeditious services to Dominicans, to help our citizens in the import and export process, with savings in time and money," Fernandez said, adding that a Customs office operates in the Dominican Consulate in New York since early March."

I think this will be great so for example, if I ever need get paper legalized in DR, I can do it in Miami office instead going to DR.

Feb 7, 2007
As I understand it, customs office will be working within the DR consuate in Miami. Something like a "pre-clearance point".