New Member From Houston, Tx.

Twalker

Apr 1, 2014
I joined because a buddy of mine and I planned a trip to Santo Domingo last year for this upcoming April. Long story short, he was calld for tranning and can't go now and I'm thinking about going by myself now.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Twalker

Apr 1, 2014
We just planned on going. I'm thinking about buying my ticket today and will be staying at the Hilton.

tommeyers

On Vacation!
Jan 2, 2012
I live in Santiago
There is more adventure in the DR than you will find at the Hilton (I assume that is SD). and cheaper too. Try the north coast. I think that we have a recent post that puts a glass of wine from the Hilton at between US$5 and US$10.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey t, come on out!! Always good to have new friends, can meet up with you depending whenyour coming...and fair warNing, huge cowboys fan here since 77..go cowboys! ;)

Twalker

Apr 1, 2014
Well I'm a Chiefs fan and I'm originally from Detroit (don't try to figure it out).

I think that I will go.

Aug 6, 2006
Santo Domingo, the capital has a lot of interest to see: Colombus' House, the old monasteries and churches, the museums, the Faro a Colon. I'd say you can see most of the main attractions in a week. The North Coast is certainly nice: Rio San Juan, Sosua, Cabarete, Las Terrenas, and SE of SD, Boca Chica and Juan Dolio also have nice beaches. In the interior there are mountains. Check around this Forum and perhaps get a good guidebook. It's not a big country, but you could spend years traveling around and still not see it all.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
You think i'm from dallas??? Lol... New york bro...long island...hit me up if your coming out, pm me, will send you my info

well i'm a chiefs fan and i'm originally from detroit (don't try to figure it out).

I think that i will go.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Well I'm a Chiefs fan and I'm originally from Detroit (don't try to figure it out).

I think that I will go.

Trivia:

What's the last team to go 0-16?

That's right....

DETROIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I understand the Chiefs thingy.....

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Still have the Pistons and the Tigers. (Pistons suck right now, but have rings)

Ya I hear ya,

We're stuck with The Bruins..(Currently first place, Stanley Cup finals last year, The Stanley cup a few years ago) The Red Sox (Won the World Series last year, and 07, and 04)

And those darn Patriots....(AFC Championship game the last two years in a row, and of course those 3 Superbowls)

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
Prolly haven't even seen your own thingy for decades over that beer belly.
Der Fish

Sorry to disappoint Derwood,

I don't have a beer belly,

And it would be pretty hard to miss my "Thingy"

And I DEFINITELY do not wear black socks with sandals.....