New Member from Long Island NY - Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
Hello All Name is Serge , live in Suburban NY, not far from JFK airport, wanted to introduce myself, will come down 1-2 a year, with spanish speaking wife & son , I know only 50 words & phrases in Spanish...... bought a place in Cabarete. Welcome any good tips, things to do, places to go & good food recommendations. Always like to meet good people to socialize.

Serge

Dauri

Apr 2, 2014
I'm heading to Cabarete myself. Looked in trip advisor for months now for the best places to have nice not too expensive healthy meals and this is what I came up with. For Dominican food : Breakfast- Cafe Claro, Santos Comedor y Casa De mami -
hut like restaurants but food Reviews are good. Mexican - Gorditos Mex , Front Loop and Vacabar. Casa de Papi - Longastinos
Specialties-make reservations gets crowded here. Promodore for pizza and pasta .Bliss and Mares Seafood -more upscale rest.
La terrace for French fusion menu and Jose O Shays for German and great beers. Have more suggestions but in Puerto plata and Cofresi.If interested in that list let me know. We rented a car so we will be around. Good Luck and enjoy.

Dauri

Apr 2, 2014
I'm heading to Cabarete myself. Looked in trip advisor for months now for the best places to have nice not too expensive healthy meals and this is what I came up with. For Dominican food : Breakfast- Cafe Claro, Santos Comedor y Casa mami -
hut like restaurants but food Reviews are good. Mexican - Gorditos Mex , Front Loop and Vacabar mojito bar for niece cold
drinks. casa de Papi - Longastinos Specialties-make reservations gets crowded here. Promodore for pizza and pasta .
Bliss and Mares are for Seafood -but more upscale gourmet rest.
La terrace for French international Caribbean fusion menu and Jose O Shays for German food. Have more suggestions but in
Puerto plata and Cofresi.If interested in that list let me know. We rented a car so we will be around. Good Luck and enjoy.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Go to the German Restaurant located on the dirt road where the Cell Tower is just before you come into town going East. It will be on your right. Great food at a fair price. On your left, the name escapes me.

Sicrick

Apr 5, 2014
Hi Serge, also live on Long Island. I am going down to look at a few places.Do you rent it when your not there?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Hello All Name is Serge , live in Suburban NY, not far from JFK airport, wanted to introduce myself, will come down 1-2 a year, with spanish speaking wife & son , I know only 50 words & phrases in Spanish...... bought a place in Cabarete. Welcome any good tips, things to do, places to go & good food recommendations. Always like to meet good people to socialize.

Serge

where in LI are you from? sounds like it could be something like 5 Towns, or the Valley Stream area. am i close?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Gorgon, you are Not "Close", you live in Sosua, that's a Looooooong way from Long Island!!!
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey serge my bro!! I am from long island ny, south shore, good to see you here!!!

Serge1960

Apr 2, 2014
Hello Sicrick
What Town are you in ? Im in Hewlett (S.W. Nassau) We are still putting together all, I have two trips; in May & July. Then it should be ready to rent. So maybe we can talk about it. Best Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.